Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Ausssie Nick View Post
      Hi Ken,

Just had a look at your build. You're doing a great job! Not to much longer and all the dirty work will be done. It sure is nice when the car is painted and all of the work involves reassembly. The stage your at I found most challenging to remain motivated.

Nick.
      Thanks Nick! Kind of you to say.

As I'm fond of saying... "It's a process" and you have to celebrate the small victories when they come. LOL

Thanks for the vote of confidence - greatly appreciated!

A few updates of progress over the past week. I now have all of the ridetech 4 link brackets tacked onto the diff and is ready to be welded off. I am interested is anyone has a way to do this without taking it to an engineering shop while keeping it straight at the same time. Has anyone had any joy building a jig and welding the brackets off? I was planning to take it to a local engineering shop that welds a lot of diff housings but if I can do it on my own that would be first prize.

I also receive my turbo header this week. Next step is purchasing turbos, wastegates, BOV, intercooler and Vintage air A/C. This will allow me to build all of the turbo plumbing and get all of the cooling packs mounted to the radiator support panel. I can then send the support panel for paint.
      Name:  diff ready to weld.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  483.1 KBName:  Diff with brackets tacked 2.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  431.4 KBName:  Diff with brackets tacked.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  414.8 KBName:  Turbo headers 2.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  499.6 KBName:  Turbo headers.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  464.1 KB

Country Flag: United States
      This thing is awesome!!
      LS3 1967 Camaro RS

Very nice.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I have made some progress on the Camaro over the past couple of weekends. I ended up deciding to build my own true bar and bushes to keep the diff housing straight while I welded the 4 link brackets off. The bar worked really well and the housing is straight with no runout after cooling. I use 2" solid bar and machined spacers down that located in the bearing carriers and housing ends. I will now be able to use this when I need to cut the housing and weld the floaters on.

As for the engine I purchased a new Brian Tooley intake which I love the look of. I really wanted a top shelf billet intake but it was out of my budget so I think the BTR still gives a racy look at a reasonable price. As for the turbos I got the last Precision LS 7576 from Summit. The second one is on back order which is a real pain. Nearly everything is out of stock or on back order right now which is quite frustrating. I have spent a fair amount of time fabricating a bracket that mounts the vintage air unit under the dash without the need to drill holes in the firewall like the factory bracket does. I spent so much time welding up the firewall it seemed counterintuitive to go ahead and drill holes back in it. I will post a pic of the bracket when its completed.

I have decide I am going to fabricate all of the turbo pluming myself as this is something I would like to learn. I went ahead and bought myself an AC/DC tig welder and bandsaw. I have been practicing my tig welding a lot and should be able to produce reasonable welds by the time I start the plumbing.
      Name:  BTR Manifold 3.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  459.7 KBName:  Tig Welder.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  465.0 KBName:  Diff welded off.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  421.5 KBName:  Diff welded off 2.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  418.3 KBName:  Diff true bar.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  359.7 KBName:  Diff true bar 2.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  247.5 KBName:  BTR Manifold.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  457.2 KBName:  BTR Manifold 5.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  394.5 KBName:  Bandsaw.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  468.0 KBName:  Turbo.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  413.3 KBName:  Turbos in box.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  451.9 KBName:  Vintage Air.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  432.7 KB

This build is getting spicy!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

A few pics of progress over the past couple of weeks. The diff is now under the car. Everything fits really well. Now I need to decide on the wheels so I can order the floater kit and cut the housing to length, install floaters, brakes and paint the housing.

As for the AC I have finished the bracket to hold the A/C unit under the dash. The bracket looks pretty simple but took a lot of time. The A/C system is now mounted to check fitment. It will need to be removed 1 last time to install heater and A/C lines then I will permanently mount it. and call that job done.

Plans over the coming weeks are to mount the intercoolers and fabricate all of the charge pipe plumbing. I will post pics as things progress Name:  A-C bracket #3.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  473.1 KBName:  A-C bracket #2.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  475.4 KBName:  A-C bracket #5.jpg
Size:  510.2 KBName:  A-C bracket #6.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  421.3 KBName:  A-C bracket.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  442.8 KBName:  Diff mounted 2.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  363.0 KBName:  Diff mounted 3.jpg
Size:  399.0 KBName:  Diff mounted.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  426.5 KB

Looks great!! Love that 4 link rear. Did you make that Vintage Air cradle or is that something you can buy?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Looks great!! Love that 4 link rear. Did you make that Vintage Air cradle or is that something you can buy?
      Thanks. I made the Vintage air cradle. The mounting bracket that comes in the kit requires holes to be drilled in the firewall which I did not want to do.

Country Flag: Australia
      Just looked through your build Nick.
      Awesome
      Well done looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by craigF View Post
      Just looked through your build Nick.
      Awesome
      Well done looks amazing.
      Hi Craig,

Thanks. I just looked at your mustang build. You have done an amazing job. I cant wait to see it painted. What part of Australia are you from?

Intercoolers mounted

Hi All

Made some progress today. I built the brackets to mount the intercoolers. The brackets came up well and will look nice when painted. I rubber mounted the intercoolers to reduce vibration and reduce the chance of cracking. Now the challenge of modifying the hood latch to fit. Summit finally shipped the second Turbo today along with the BOV's and ridetech true turn system. These parts have been on backorder for weeks. Hopefully they should arrive in the next couple of weeks. The next step will be fabricating and mounting the turbos and turbo plumbing. I am looking forward to this.
      Name:  intercooler mount 1.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  518.8 KBName:  intercooler mount 3.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  461.1 KBName:  intercooler mount 4.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  255.6 KBName:  intercooler mounted 2.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  433.9 KBName:  intercooler mounted 3.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  425.8 KBName:  intercooler mounted 4.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  347.1 KBName:  intercooler mounted.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  446.2 KB

Looking good!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Very nice work

sweet build!

Nick this is a great looking build. Very inspirational to see the progress!

Quick update on the build. I started building the charge piping on the weekend. A 4 inch mandrel bend was not tight enough to clear the thermo fan. I decided to make the bend with pie cuts. Took a bit of head scratching to figure out the angles. I will mount dual blow of valves on the charge pipe which will look nice. Hopefully I can get the rest of the charge piping from the intercooler completed this coming weekendName:  Charge Pipe 2.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  362.8 KBName:  Charge pipe 3.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  413.8 KBName:  Charge pipe.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  284.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ausssie Nick View Post
      Quick update on the build. I started building the charge piping on the weekend. A 4 inch mandrel bend was not tight enough to clear the thermo fan. I decided to make the bend with pie cuts. Took a bit of head scratching to figure out the angles. I will mount dual blow of valves on the charge pipe which will look nice. Hopefully I can get the rest of the charge piping from the intercooler completed this coming weekendName:  Charge Pipe 2.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  362.8 KBName:  Charge pipe 3.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  413.8 KBName:  Charge pipe.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  284.2 KB
      Very impressive build and fab work etc. It's awesome. Keep up the great updates.
      Jason
      Jason's 67 pro touring Camaro build
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Very nice! How did you figure out all the pie cuts on that charge pipe? It'll definitely look cool all welded up and you can see all the beads.

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Very nice! How did you figure out all the pie cuts on that charge pipe? It'll definitely look cool all welded up and you can see all the beads.
      I would love to say I used a complex calculation but in reality I set my bandsaw to 9 degrees and got lucky!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast