Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Determining wheel brake clearance 68 Camaro

Hi All;

I've picked brakes, C6 Z51 340mm front and C6 Z51 330mm rear. I' trying to pick wheels that I like and will clear the brakes I'v chosen. In the front I'm going with 18" x 8" 4.5" backspace and rear, hopefully 18" x 11" backspace to be determined after completing mini tub install.

Right now seriuosly considering Rocket Attack wheels.

Do wheel manufacturers post brake clearance data?

Thanks in advance;

Wayneb

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wayneb View Post
      Hi All;

I've picked brakes, C6 Z51 340mm front and C6 Z51 330mm rear. I' trying to pick wheels that I like and will clear the brakes I'v chosen. In the front I'm going with 18" x 8" 4.5" backspace and rear, hopefully 18" x 11" backspace to be determined after completing mini tub install.

Right now seriuosly considering Rocket Attack wheels.

Do wheel manufacturers post brake clearance data?

Thanks in advance;

Wayneb
      Hi Wayne. Send us an email with brake template you've chosen for your brake setup. Also, confirm in the email what backspacing you'll be running on both 18x8 and 18x11. We'll take a look at it and confirm clearance for you. Thanks for your interest.

will do, going to start mini tub and front coil over control arms swap in a couple weeks. Still clearing out garage to make room to work!

I'm thinking it would be easier to install rear discs while the rear is out of the car and on a bench. Also while I'm swapping control arms I might as well swap front brakes in one fell swoop.

My original intent was to slowly upgrade components one by one but starting to realize everything has to work together and it seems like you need to have all your components in mind from the start.

Wayne

Just FYI, you can easily fit an 18x9 wheel up front. For reference, I'm running 18x10 275s with a 6.6" back space with NO fender mods other than replacing the fender bolts with button head bolts. Out back I run 18x12 335s with a 5.5" back space with mini-tubs and rolled fender lips. I'm also running C6 Z06 brakes front and rear. You will need what is referred to as a thick or high wheel hub in order for the back side of the wheel centers to clear the calipers.

Name:  TNiA02.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  235.4 KB
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Just FYI, you can easily fit an 18x9 wheel up front. For reference, I'm running 18x10 275s with a 6.6" back space with NO fender mods other than replacing the fender bolts with button head bolts. Out back I run 18x12 335s with a 5.5" back space with mini-tubs and rolled fender lips. I'm also running C6 Z06 brakes front and rear. You will need what is referred to as a thick or high wheel hub in order for the back side of the wheel centers to clear the calipers.

What’s your front suspension. I have tall AFX spindles and had tie rod interference with 18x9.5” wheels up front.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Hi Steve;

I could run 18" x 9" with stock subframe and Global West coil over tubular a-arm suspension? Please tell me more!

Wayne

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Steve;

I could run 18" x 9" with stock subframe and Global West coil over tubular a-arm suspension? Please tell me more!

Wayne

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com