Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New Dakota Digital Fan Controller for The Camaro

I just installed one of the new Dakota Digital PAC-2800BT fan controllers in the Camaro yesterday and love it. Tied it right into the Dakota Digital VHX control box and works like a charm. With this I can change on off temps on both fans and what mph to shut fans off from my iphone. I used to have to take to tuner to have these changed in the tune settings, but now I can tweak them as needed. Also has connection for fans when ac compressor is on.
      Very simple installation also.
      1968 Camaro w/ Jon Henson-DB Rods built 6.0 with Whipple SuperCharger at 10lbs making 630hp on gas and 740 on E85, T56 Mag 6 speed with triple disc monster clutch, RideTech suspension, mini tubbed and 4 linked with ford 9". Fiske 18" wheels with Toyo R888R tires. Wilwood all corners, AC.

Good to know. Does it just connect like another BIM module? Any install pics?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

I have the PAC-2750 fan controller and love it. My Holley EFI will soon be taking over its duties tho.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I'm still trying to decide which fans to use, but I'm leaning towards adapting the Ford Contour/Mercury Cougar setup that was used in Super Chevy's article on a BBC (460 CI El Camino).

Budget Dual Fans for Your BBC Chevy

Can the Dakota Digital unit be used independently? And I have a Fitech unit sitting on the shelf (someday/maybe)... will it work with that?
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

I can be independent, just needs a temp sensor input. Don't know about Fitech, I'm a Holley user.
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I just watched the video, it said that it can't control two (dual) 2-speed fans with speed A and speed B. It can control 2 (Dual) fans or a single 2-speed according to the video. The DD video didn't explain whether it would vary speeds... IOW run two fans at say 1000 rpm and ramp up to as high as 2000 rpm when needed.
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Yeah, it's not a pwm controller. pretty much the limit is that each fan can have it's own on/off temp settings.
      1969 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
      I'm still trying to decide which fans to use, but I'm leaning towards adapting the Ford Contour/Mercury Cougar setup that was used in Super Chevy's article on a BBC (460 CI El Camino).

Budget Dual Fans for Your BBC Chevy

Can the Dakota Digital unit be used independently? And I have a Fitech unit sitting on the shelf (someday/maybe)... will it work with that?
      Here is another discussion on standalone and pwm systems.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...wm+fan+control

I have one (PAC-2800BT) getting installed in my car now.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com