Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I want to supercharge my LS2 suggestions?

Gents, I have an ls2 in my project 67 chevelle. The car has the complete C6 chassis stretched and fitted. The Ls2 is the original equipment mates to this chassis. I want to supercharge it. Should I go with and ls9 or and Magnussun or kenne bell, Paxton, eldebrock, procharger, what are your suggestions for increased power output, whistle and reliability. ??

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by F pilot View Post
      Gents, I have an ls2 in my project 67 chevelle. The car has the complete C6 chassis stretched and fitted. The Ls2 is the original equipment mates to this chassis. I want to supercharge it. Should I go with and ls9 or and Magnussun or kenne bell, Paxton, eldebrock, procharger, what are your suggestions for increased power output, whistle and reliability. ??

your LS2 has cathedral style heads, so that eliminates factory superchargers. If the engine is completely stock, the Edelbrock is simple. But the Whipple and others are good too.

imho...for the money you can do much better of performance upgrades. Have you looked into turbo charging?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

No sir I haven’t and thanks for your input. I am not a fan of turbos because of the power delivery characteristics and their effect on the sound of the car.

I was intending to upgrade the heads also to LS7 or LS9. The car will handle like a Lambo and I am looking for holy **** sound and speed to match.

Quote Originally Posted by F pilot View Post
      No sir I haven’t and thanks for your input. I am not a fan of turbos because of the power delivery characteristics and their effect on the sound of the car.

I was intending to upgrade the heads also to LS7 or LS9. The car will handle like a Lambo and I am looking for holy **** sound and speed to match.

Being a 4.0 bore, yeah I have seen people swap to LS3 heads. If you do that and go for a LSA set-up it would work, but would require some mods and a tune to get the #s your after. Map out the cost though, it wouldn’t be good to dump money in the LS2 when you could have just bought the LSA. Keep in mind the LS2 doesn’t have forged internals.

Also LS7 heads are different. You can’t use any of the factory SCs with these heads.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Being a 4.0 bore, yeah I have seen people swap to LS3 heads. If you do that and go for a LSA set-up it would work, but would require some mods and a tune to get the #s your after. Map out the cost though, it wouldn’t be good to dump money in the LS2 when you could have just bought the LSA. Keep in mind the LS2 doesn’t have forged internals.

Also LS7 heads are different. You can’t use any of the factory SCs with these heads.

Thank you you for your knowledge. I know where there is a 0 hours LSX set up but what about just buying a complete supercharged LS9 setup? What do you think of that?

I'd probably look into Pro Charger if I were you. I wouldn't worry about the internals not being forged as much as being concerned with having a competent tuner. I put an LSA on my LS2 after swapping to rectangle port heads. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into adding an LSA to a car that it did not come installed in. With adding heat exchanger, HX pump, ps reservoir location, the plumbing of those things is time consuming.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I'd probably look into Pro Charger if I were you. I wouldn't worry about the internals not being forged as much as being concerned with having a competent tuner. I put an LSA on my LS2 after swapping to rectangle port heads. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into adding an LSA to a car that it did not come installed in. With adding heat exchanger, HX pump, ps reservoir location, the plumbing of those things is time consuming.
      I thought about those and frankly they look to be the easiest to install and I don’t have to “scoop” my hood. Not sure the pro charger is going to provide the boost I’m looking for though.
      I agree with your tuner comment because that is critical.

They make street and strip Pro Chargers and the also offer different sized pulleys to increase boost. Keep in mind that all of these mods will require supporting fuel system with injectors and pump. You would also benefit from an appropriate spec’d camshaft.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Subscribed. Looking todo the same to my ls2
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. LSA/T56.
      67 RS Coupe LS2/T56 named "NutKse"

What do you want the car to do? I have had a lot of aftermarket superchargers so may be able to add some insight.

I would like zero lag power on demand throughout the ranges from the hole to a big hit at 100mph.

I like the whistle of the twin screw and root type.

What tires? Do you need it to hook or just want power? Auto or manual?

Just medium comp tires. Want high end performance but I like "buy and Go" for my Chevelle. I just want holy **** power and sound that puts the giggles in my drive. My chevelle will be my daily driver this coming year for the spring/summer/fall so I want reliability. As I said, its basically a C6 corvette with a 67 138 code chevelle body on it. Has the Eibach Callaway multi adjustable suspension upgrade and the engine is set perfectly behind the front axles for maximum handling performance.
      So bottom line I just want great, reliable , strong power throughout that makes awesome sound and ****s and giggles.
      Bolt and go would be awesome. I probably need heavier springs, different Cams and Minimum LS3 heads right?

I went the takeoff LSA route. It allowed me to build it slow as money came available. I started off with a low mileage gen 4 6.0. Almost finished with it.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jlo92883 View Post
      I went the takeoff LSA route. It allowed me to build it slow as money came available. I started off with a low mileage gen 4 6.0. Almost finished with it.
      That looks very cool.

im going to post some pics of my rig shortly.

Below captures res a bit of my IRS set up. I will take better pics tomorrow.

Name:  E7341228-7D44-48D4-B6D3-C89FE02474DB.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  144.0 KB

This is my rig

This is My 67 Chevelle. The rear lights and front grill will be converted back to stock look.

Name:  E954530B-035B-43EB-BADE-E906B09D48AF.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  318.5 KB

Sweet ride!

Kenne Bell 2.8 H.O ls2

Here is my old Nova with a KB SC on an LS2. She whined pretty good!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMxamGDwzJuNsYo96

After more research, I’m thinking a set of AFI heads, pre prepped for a SC with a Z51 cam and the twin screw whipple.
      I want to DD the car in the summer and I need reliability.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

So, installed the SC, I went with Maguson and put the AFI heads on with the Z51 cam.

Went with Long tube KOOKs headers.

It is at 5lbs boost and just under 650HP at the moment.

Now up for a colour change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com