Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Chevelle hood

Country Flag: United States

Chevelle hood

So for my 1970 el camino i am looking to get a hood that i can actual remove my self and is not a 2 person job. also to loose some weight of the front would be nice. looking at ss style bolt on hoods. as much as i would like a anvil carbon hood its out of the budget for now. anyone have a suggestion on what brands are good? i know that some brands or better then others i just dont have any experience with any of the brands. i have a ss cowl now at what i have found is that it weights about 75 to 80lbs. Thanks
      1970 Elcamino ls3/t56, ricks/vaporworx, sc&c afx ,forgeline zx3, kore3 z51/ls1
      1969 Camaro ls1/t56, ricks/vaporworx, ride-tech,forgeline ga3,
      1996 civic the car that makes it all possible

Not sure who has what for a 3rd gen, but vfn would be a top choice if they have something & a harwood bolt on would be a decent choice.
      Any new fiberglass hood may need a little bit of fitting & would be good to let sit in the sun & even drive around with for a while to finish curing before bodywork if at all possible ,just as a general rule. Also you will need lighter hood springs, or better yet, modify hinges to use gas struts.

Country Flag: Canada
      I've got a anvil hood I'll sell you... shipping might be a killer thou
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

As much as i would like a carbon hood its out of the budget right now. from the research i have been doing it looks like glasstek has the better reviews.

1970 Elcamino ls3/t56, ricks/vaporworx, sc&c afx ,forgeline zx3, kore3 z51/ls1
      1969 Camaro ls1/t56, ricks/vaporworx, ride-tech,forgeline ga3,
      1996 civic the car that makes it all possible

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com