Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Frame mounts

Country Flag: United States

Frame mounts

Hello . I have a 69 firebird with Chevy 350 (408) stroker motor. Anybody out there have photos of where frame mount would go exactly on subframe in this application. This is a photo of when first got car, it had a Chevy 350 motor, don't remember what type of headers or even if they were all beat up to get to fit. These sure are far back on crossmember. They have since been grinded off and subframe powder coated. Thanks Jerry Name:  me 075.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  247.1 KB

Guess nobody knows?

I have a frame that i can take a picture of tomorrow. Someone welded the hole up , you should be able to look from the bottom of the frame thru the lower control arms mounting pocket in the frame. This would be the same way you would have to access the mounting bolts to tighten up for the mounting stands.

Tim

Got this pic off of the web to give you an idea. There are several hole depending on which engine is in place, V8 or I6, Chevy or Pontiac. My frame mounts were also welded in but luckily I was able to take a grinder and cut the old one out.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Did not get a chance to get the frame out today. I have a set of SBC stands to I can take picture of them to. I have attached a picture from the factory assemble page for the V8 stands to the frame. It is for a 1969 but should be the same on 67, 68, 69. I know in the past you could purchase the repo stands from the aftermarket. Will this assemble page give you what you need or do you still want picture of my frame?

Tim

Name:  IMG_3180.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  131.2 KB

If you put them on the wrong sides, it will position the engine too far forward.
      They look more correct that way, but they should hang off towards the rear of the car to be correct.

Name:  20191230_163734.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  115.3 KB

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies and help

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com