Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

12 Bolt Identification

I’m looking at a 12 bolt rear end for my 69 Camaro and got the identification numbers off the housing, they are:
      BP 5 19 G
      8852980N
      583/8” flange to flange

Does anybody know if this rear end will work for me and what did it originally come out of? I tried to upload pictures but can’t figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated

Country Flag: United States
      Here is a good link. http://www.camaros.org/drivetrain.shtml#AxleCodes

I am thinking of selling the one I pulled from my 69. Pictures attached. It has brackets welded on to it for a ridetech 4-link (old style). 4:10 posi in a 3 series carrier and a 1350 yoke.
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Quote Originally Posted by Motobrewmaster View Post
      Here is a good link. http://www.camaros.org/drivetrain.shtml#AxleCodes

I am thinking of selling the one I pulled from my 69. Pictures attached. It has brackets welded on to it for a ridetech 4-link (old style). 4:10 posi in a 3 series carrier and a 1350 yoke.
      That is a nice 12 bolt but 4.11 is to low for what need. The rear end in question I’m looking at is off a 66-67 Nova at 57.75” and a 69 Camaro is 60.00” I don’t think it would work, does anybody have any input on this?

Country Flag: United States
      ​sold
      Quote Originally Posted by motobrewmaster View Post
      here is a good link. http://www.camaros.org/drivetrain.shtml#axlecodes

i am thinking of selling the one i pulled from my 69. Pictures attached. It has brackets welded on to it for a ridetech 4-link (old style). 4:10 posi in a 3 series carrier and a 1350 yoke.
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

I found out the 12 rear I got is out of an early Nova with a late casting in 1965, 3.07 open differential. I think this would be better in the car it was designed for since I was told it’s a very rare differential so it will go up for sale. I’ll still be looking for a 12 bolt for my Camaro

If u decide to sell it let me know I might be interested in buying it. DM me if u decide to sell it

Well I did confirm that GM did make a 12 bolt for the early Novas, they’re very rare. I was watching Iron Resurrection and they picked up a 66-67 SS Nova and they were saying that they heard they came with a 12 bolt and that was the first one they’d seen.

This one is going up for sale, it needs to go to the right Nova

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com