Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

DSE subframe what oil pan with stroker motor

Building a 69 Camaro with a DSE subframe. DSE recommends a few different oil pans, the Holley 302-2 won't work as I have a LS 408 stroker motor. Anyone know if the Holley 302-3 pan will work in the DSE subframe? Holley says the pan (302-3) will work with 4.00 stroke motor.......in addition just wondering if the GM pan 12628771 or 12624617 will work with 4.00" stroke motors? TIA.

Used to be known as classiccamaro

Quote Originally Posted by DKz Garage View Post
      Building a 69 Camaro with a DSE subframe. DSE recommends a few different oil pans, the Holley 302-2 won't work as I have a LS 408 stroker motor. Anyone know if the Holley 302-3 pan will work in the DSE subframe? Holley says the pan (302-3) will work with 4.00 stroke motor.......in addition just wondering if the GM pan 12628771 or 12624617 will work with 4.00" stroke motors? TIA.

so, the LS7 with a 4.00 stroke in my car with a DSE frame works fine with the very shallow dry sump pan. What makes these other pans not compatible with the frame? Why won’t a LS3 pan work?

Have you looked at MAST Motorsports? I know they have a pan that works,
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      so, the LS7 with a 4.00 stroke in my car with a DSE frame works fine with the very shallow dry sump pan. What makes these other pans not compatible with the frame? Why won’t a LS3 pan work?

Have you looked at MAST Motorsports? I know they have a pan that works,
      Hey Rob, The Mast pan will work, but very pricey..... The Holley 302-3 will work with a 4.00" stroke and should work in the DSE. I have a connection with a GM parts guy (discount)...was hoping the LS3 or 4th gen F body pan would work witha 4.00" stroke, as both are recommended pans from DSE. My current pan, Holley 302-1 wont work with the DSE sub (too deep).
      Used to be known as classiccamaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com