Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Harmonic balancer ac pulley

I have an ati balancer I am installing on my L76. It has the second pulley for the ac, but with my holley bracket I do not use the second pulley. Can I and is it worth it to remove the second pulley It just bolts on? I would have to hone out the holes on the balancer though to run bolts in the pulley holes. The pulley weighs about a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by 1985olds View Post
      I have an ati balancer I am installing on my L76. It has the second pulley for the ac, but with my holley bracket I do not use the second pulley. Can I and is it worth it to remove the second pulley It just bolts on? I would have to hone out the holes on the balancer though to run bolts in the pulley holes. The pulley weighs about a pound.

Personally I would just run it as is, it just won’t be used. I did this in my LS1 when I ran a AC relocation bracket to the upper passenger side. If I recall correctly there are bolts that are longer that go through the front pulley through the hub to the rear pulley. You should be able to not even use it without mods, you’ll just need shorter bolts. But ask ATI to be sure.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Personally I would just run it as is, it just won’t be used. I did this in my LS1 when I ran a AC relocation bracket to the upper passenger side. If I recall correctly there are bolts that are longer that go through the front pulley through the hub to the rear pulley. You should be able to not even use it without mods, you’ll just need shorter bolts. But ask ATI to be sure.
      You are correct on the longer bolts. The holes need to be opened up a little for a larger bolt. I spoke to ati twice and one tech rep said no, one said yes. I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze to save 1 lbs of rotating weight

I honestly don’t recall that AC pulley even weighing that much being aluminum. I ran it with no issues, to avoid the headache either run it or look for a non AC version.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      I honestly don’t recall that AC pulley even weighing that much being aluminum. I ran it with no issues, to avoid the headache either run it or look for a non AC version.
      I had it on the scale, it is 1 lbs. I think you are right, I'll save the $10 on new bolts and run as is. Thank you.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com