Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

which way to go---Studs Adapters and BMW Wheels question

I play with idea to change to bigger studs in conjuction with adpter or a spacer but not sure which was the best solution...for me.

Car would be a 90% Street car ( 65 oLDS with BMW 4,73"--120mm bolt pattern wheels) with only a few laps here in Germany in the year at the track -but maybe with some semi slicks in the future.

At the rear - SOLUTION 1. - corrected the bolt pattern but use the stock studs from the axle flange

new
      Studs
      7/16-20" --->
      1" thick custom billet Adapterplate which convert from GM(120,65) to BMW (120) pattern ---> and the BMW Wheels bolt to adater with M12x1,5 or M 14 x1,5 Bolts or Studs

At the rear - SOLUTION 2. - use the stock GM bolt pattern but with thick studs

Long 1/2" Studs ARP/Moroso --->
      1" thick spacer ---> bolt the BMW Wheels with lug nuts ( maybe exended version?)

I read this about the Adapter -which convert the bolt pattern

They MUST be double hub centric. Meaning the spacer centric on the hub and the wheel centric on the spacer

Is this correct?

Country Flag: United States
      Under no circumstances would I ever recommend wheel spacers to anyone!
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Country Flag: United States
      Ensure you have proper lug engagement, step torque them and retorque after a few heat cycles.

I’ve put over 100,000 miles on wheel spacers with zero issues. The majority of those miles were with 1.5” lug centric spacers with a Jeep running 145lb 37”s with beadlocks.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com