Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 Camaro Help with 18" wheels CCW classics

hey guys, i've finally decided which wheels I like most, CCW Classics, and should be ready in a couple of months to place an order. I was hoping on getting some advice on wheel & tire sizes for my 68 Camaro. I'm planning to go with 18" wheels.

My current setup: for reference to help with new setup sizing
      Wheels: 17x8 , 4.5 backspace, 0mm offset
      Bolt Pattern: 5x120.65
      Tires: 235/45/17 & 245/45/17
      Disc/Rotor size: Unknown, it came with the car (photo below)

Suspension: ridetech streetgrip, however dealing with ride height issues atm, and working on adjusting that. Right now, the front is lowered way more than rear and is rubbing. I've ordered 3/8" coil spacers that should lift by 3/4" hoping. The Rears: space between fender in tire is about 2.4", I've ordered a 1" lowering block, and hopefully that should leave me with about 1-1.4" space.

Below is how it sits now (still waiting on the coil spacers & lowering block)

Questions
      1) Max width I can go with (front & back) for 18"? (note: I like a deep dish style, neg offsets)

2) Bolt Pattern? (they come in: 5x100mm through 5x130mm and in 6X4.5 and 6x5)

3) Max tire width (front & back) without rubbing? (note: my suspension details above)

Did a crappy photoshop below showing 2 options (top: Black Matte center/Gloss lip , Bottom: full gloss)

Thank you in advance : )
      1968 Camaro SS | LSx 364ci
      T-56 | RT StreetGrip | RT Steering Kit | TRSD Disc Brakes | Wilwood Dual Piston

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com