Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Need help choosing the right cam

Hello everyone first time on the forum I have a 1964 f100. I have a 351w in the truck. I知 wanting a new cam set up and I知 wondering if you people can help. I want a really aggressive idle this is more of a street truck not for drag racing. I know I値l need supporting parts with the cam which is perfectly fine I知 just wondering if anyone can recommend an aggressive cam I went on YouTube and looked at a lot of videos and only found a few I liked but they never said what cam specs were or even the brand anything will help thank you.

Country Flag: United States
      Have you called the cam manufactures ? Thats what most do.
      and have ALL your vehicle specs. i.e. Engine,Transmission, rear end gear, tire height, weight...

They will tell what cam you should go with.

A forum cant tell you what cam your truck should have with the info you provided.
      I could tell you to get a Comp Cams extreme energy with 286/292 and 248 int./254 exhDuration @ 050, and a Lift @ .614/.621 It would sound good if the valves didn't smack your pistons, but might run like crap.

Call the cam manufactures.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
      Have you called the cam manufactures ? Thats what most do.
      and have ALL your vehicle specs. i.e. Engine,Transmission, rear end gear, tire height, weight...

They will tell what cam you should go with.

A forum cant tell you what cam your truck should have with the info you provided.
      I could tell you to get a Comp Cams extreme energy with 286/292 and 248 int./254 exhDuration @ 050, and a Lift @ .614/.621 It would sound good if the valves didn't smack your pistons, but might run like crap.

Call the cam manufactures.
      Thank you for this info

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com