Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Ls2 rough start up

I replaced my throttle body on my LS2 with another stock throttle body and the car ran fine. I then had to adjust my insurance which required pictures and filling out forms and the car has been parked for about a month. It needs a new battery, but I can charge the battery and then start the car. Now when the car is started it will idle rough and backfire a number of times and then after a few minutes it will smooth out and run normal. The car is not throwing any codes and I can not drive the car until all the insurance stuff is finalized. Any ideas? Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by firebirdzig View Post
      I replaced my throttle body on my LS2 with another stock throttle body and the car ran fine. I then had to adjust my insurance which required pictures and filling out forms and the car has been parked for about a month. It needs a new battery, but I can charge the battery and then start the car. Now when the car is started it will idle rough and backfire a number of times and then after a few minutes it will smooth out and run normal. The car is not throwing any codes and I can not drive the car until all the insurance stuff is finalized. Any ideas? Thanks

bad gas?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Ls2 rough start up

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      bad gas?
      That’s what I was thinking too, but will gas go bad in a 2 month span? Granted it is the cheap stuff (87) and California.

Quote Originally Posted by firebirdzig View Post
      That’s what I was thinking too, but will gas go bad in a 2 month span? Granted it is the cheap stuff (87) and California.

Yes, without a stabilizer it can go bad rather quickly not to mention condensation in the tank can build up.

87 is not good gas for a LS2. 89 should be the min.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

You know you miss our wonderful gas here In CA !!

Finally got a break from all the rain around here and got my 71 out for a cruise today. Was great to drive it ! But reminded myself to throw some stabil in the tank. I have about 8 gallons. I will drive it from time to time when it’s nice like today. So not fully in storage. But pretty much.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Put a good battery in it and put it on a maintainer. The ECM has to relearn baseline every time you disconnect power, or in this case let the battery die, which is why it's struggling in open loop, and then in closed loop.

If it cleans up and runs good, it's not a fuel issue, as it would run bad all the time. Fresh, treated gas will not hurt anything if you are going to let it set though...

T,

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com