Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Another beginner

Hi All;

I'm just getting started with my 1968 Camaro restoration. 68 basic sport coupe with a 327-210 that's essentially an L-79, added small valve fuelie heads,factory Z-28 intake, L-79 cam with Rhoads lifters, HEI ignition, and carter 9625. rest of the car, turbo 400 trans,drum brakes, 3.55 posi 10 bolt, and manual steering. last time I drove it through the quarter mile(28 years ago) it ran a 13.10 at 114mph. It's been stored in the garage ever since but needs a serious restoration.

I really want a car that handles and stops unlike it's current status!

already ordered a mini tub kit, and Global West coil over front suspension and sway bar, just waiting on Fedex to deliver if ever, they keep scheduling delivery and fail to deliver!

I'm still trying to figure out which rear leaf spring from Global West to choose, brakes, exhaust, wheels and tires. it sounds like power steering is a must also.

Engine wise, I'm pretty happy with what's there other than the heads, considering Pro-header aluminium heads.

Wayneb

Country Flag: United States
      Keeping leafs, DSE has a set up for tubs.

The ride tech 4 link looks pretty basic and easy to install if you ditch the leafs.

Power steering and some decent brakes sounds like a good idea also.

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site Wayne.

It sounds like a fun project.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com