Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Drive by wire question...

Finally getting to dropping an ls2 into my 67 camaro. The engine is mamo built 07 corvette ls2. I have the pcm and tune. Do I need a DBW and pedal from an 07 vette, or will any year work? I've looked and can't find a direct answer, and honestly pretty confused on the whole DBW thing! Let me know, thanks.

You will need the TB from that comparable year as the ECU. I believe its the silver bladed TB. The gold bladed TB operates in the reverse direction.

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      You will need the TB from that comparable year as the ECU. I believe its the silver bladed TB. The gold bladed TB operates in the reverse direction.
      Yes, correct, I already have the silver blade TB. So pedal has to be from the same year as well? 07 in this case, or will any E38 compatible pedal work?

I would use a C6 vette pedal, along with the DSE pedal mount. It all fits, is inexpensive, and will work w the E38

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post
      I would use a C6 vette pedal, along with the DSE pedal mount. It all fits, is inexpensive, and will work w the E38

I have always wondered if it even matters....Granted different applications have different mounting and size configurations, but are the connectors the same and the rheostat the same?

I use the Caddy pedal for my E67, but thats what the GMPP Kit uses.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com