Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1973 Pontiac Firebird "Phenomenon"

Hi Guys. My name is Boris and Im from cold, angry Russia with bears on bicycles cruising down the streets. Somehow since Im running most famous shop in Russia and eastern Europe named "Muscle Garage". We have done over 50 projects and sell over 300 american classic and muscle cars. Check our IG @musclegarage and YouTube Muscle Garage Spb.

Couple weeks ago my client came to me and asked to build him a nasty pro-touring project. He saw a Gregs Hamiltons (@skippyzgarage) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWKSUlectK4 Firebird and asked me to build him something simillar but not rubbish road and track car. Huge budget and a lack of time - car should be ready till june. Today we bought a platform-car. Fresh looking California 1973 FB with little millage.

So far my concept is:
      1. 416 Texas Speed LS3 wit IR intake (it should pop out the hood) with T56
      2. Chris Alston Chassis Works full frame chassis with IRS rear, roll bar
      3. Ring Brothers gems like door handles, mirrors etc
      4. HRE o Forgline rims. Or Signature Wheels. Here is some uncertainty about it. Should it be 18/10 front 19/12 rear or 19/10 19/12..

Outside it should be rusty patina rubbish, underneath clean superb shining star

Question. Maybe somebody could make me suggestions about good quality suppliers or anybody selling his pro-touring 2gen..
      Also there is a questions about gauges, seats, interior door panels

Maybe somebody wants to collaborate on that project..

I will appreciate any advice..

Sincerely yours, Boris
      IG @boryapavlovName:  71f8fb06-289b-47d5-b753-bd49317cb9b6.jpeg
Views: 680
Size:  168.0 KBName:  71f8fb06-289b-47d5-b753-bd49317cb9b6.jpeg
Views: 680
Size:  168.0 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome, that looks like a great starting point! Just having a look at those brands you're planning to use, IF you decided to run Detroit speed suspension instead of Chassisworks, you could probably have them put together the entire package with suspension, Mast motorsports engine, forgeline wheels etc and they could package it entirely for you and probably save you some time and money.

Hate to see such a nice car blown apart for a build but it is a very clean car to start with!

Dont want to go into restoration headache..

The Jorney Begins..

Name:  2019-12-12 17.14.47.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  142.9 KB

Look forward to watching this one come together.

Call Jay at Speedtech
      1968 Camaro - LS1/T56,martz chassis,19x10/18x8 Budniks,245/45/18,295/35/19 {Sold}

71 Firebird - Speedtech Extreme Subframe/Torque Arm, LS3/4L80E, Budniks 19x12/18x10, 325/35/19, 295/35/18

Design

Which one?

I kinda' like the black and gold because it looks like a "shout out" to the old Bandit color palette without being a carbon copy.

I agree the black and gold looks good

Uggg, I don't care for any of them, especially that wiener dog looking thing sticking out of the hood. I really hate to see a nice car butchered.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Uggg, I don't care for any of them, especially that wiener dog looking thing sticking out of the hood. I really hate to see a nice car butchered.
      Haha, I didn't even notice that on my little phone screen! I definitely like the stacks better for induction!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I pride myself on being able to argue about almost anything. I caint argue with your statement though.

It's seems to me, if you are going to blow it apart and full frame it, it would be a lot cheaper to start with a decent plain Firebird. If that Formula is as good as it looks you are pissing away 25k+ that you could be putting into the build. TEHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2k View Post
      My name is Boris and Im from cold, angry Russia with bears on bicycles cruising down the streets.
      That is a good intro. Welcome comrade.
      The difference between an environmentalist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, an environmentalist already has one.

New renderings came up

pls let me know what do you thing. Specially for that widebody kit

I think it looks badass. There are enough restored Birds out there that you can do what you want with this one. The air intake and both spoliers are a bit too big though.

70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com