Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

WTB: shocks needed for a 68-69 Camaro

Hi,

I am looking to buy a set of shocks for my car, before I go spend the money on new shocks, hopefully someone has new/like new/lightly used setup they want to sell.
      Setup is a stock subframe with stock multi leaf spring rearend setup, running DSE 2" drop springs and 2" drop leaf springs.

looking for either of these setups in no particular order.

Varishock
      ridetech
      Bilstien
      Koni Classics

Hey. I sent you a PM. I have a ton of new suspension parts from DSE that I'm not using.

I have a front set of hotchkis valved bilsteins with very few miles on them.

Thanks guys!

I bought a set of Front ridetech HQ shocks. If someone has the rears for sale please let me know.

Country Flag: United States

Quote Originally Posted by MAGONSTERZ68 View Post
      ever find the rears?
      Yes and probably bought more than I should have. lol.

I purchased a set of Bilsteins and ran them for a few thousand miles. I thought the car felt great. I also have a set of ridetech front/rear shocks, but did not run them. I ended up buying and installing DSE JRi Coilover single adjustable shocks for front and DSE AFCO shocks in the rear. Although I am not minitubbed I was able to install the rear in the stock location with a custom bracket. Ride quality wise the Bilsteins felt smoother cruising around, but when you get on the car the JRi/Afco feels a lot more stable.

I am also in the process of building a new setup for the car using ridetech coilovers for front and rear 4 link. The idea is to install a new subframe with the LS motor swap and see if I like it more than the DSE setup. I drove the street grip setup on my other Camaro a few years back and liked it, so we will see how the coilover setup feels. If I don't like it I will sell the Ridetech coilover setup and reinstall the DSE setup.

Sorry for the long answer.

Also I am locally selling my Bilsteins and Ridetech shocks if your interested.

Thanks,
      Jorge

appreciate the data, looking into double adjustable as xtra weight to lowered rear is causing bottom out over train tracks, hoping slowing down velocity during compression helps out the 150-170 rated hotchkis 1.5 lowered spring pack.....

Sent you a PM
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com