Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Problem with fuel pump tanks inc assembly

So I had to swap my fuel pump for a higher pressure unit and now I'm having an issue with it working. This is a tanks inc tank and in tank module. It has a connection on inside of the module which is a stud for ground and a pass through screw for the positive. I have the negative wire to the pump attached to the stud inside the module and the positive attached to the pass through screw. when i attach the ground and touch the positive a get an arc spark. If I unattach the negative pump wire from the module and ground it to the batter and apply positive to the pass through bolt, the pump works.
      It seems like I lost something when I unattached the wires inside the module where the pump connects. I made sure that there is nothing on the underside of the module touching the positive wire. I'm completely lost because this worked with the previous pump.

Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Country Flag: United States
      Disregard, i figured it out... Remembered that the arc was being cause by the positive charge on the grounded surface. There was a small rubber isolator that needed to be between the through bolt and the ring terminal on the topside since the module itself is the ground. got it working, now I can sleep....
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com