Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

My 1970 starter project gut shot

New on the site purchased this starter last Sunday 1970 Camaro. Going make it a nice driver to cruise around Houston area. Know has a long way to go but had to start somewhere.

Any pool players on here that play bca or apa?

[/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]
      [/URL][/IMG]

Very nice start and love the name! Good luck with the build, enjoy it!
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Very nice start and love the name! Good luck with the build, enjoy it!
      I agree, great car. I love, love the early second gens.

My 1970 starter project gut shot

I have always wanted to do one of these. Looks like a very solid car to start with.

I love it. Are those 17 " Year One rims? What are your plans? LS power?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
      I love it. Are those 17 " Year One rims? What are your plans? LS power?
      The wheels are 17x8 in front 17x9" in back year one wheels. I wanted to go ls power but with my budget this year do not have what is needed. Car has a 383 in it so bought a msd atomic efi kit, tank inc gas tank with there fuel pump, car has a 4l80e transmission so will keep that, want to mini tub it with coil overs, redo interior, and repaint it. The motor only has only 3100 miles on it and so does transmission. My friend said get the car running and driving way faster saving 12 k on ls swap so can get it on the road and have fun so think that is my plan for now. When 383 has issues hope to have enough money saved to do ls swap with 6 spd. I want big wheels, big brakes, all new suspension, new interior, new paint, and rear end done in next year. Then next year do the ls swap have 28 - 30k in my budget for this year so know that is not much but ls swap would put me way over and depending on how things go may have to adjust things will have see when get there. I love the site and looking at all the great builds to get ideas from. Know there are plenty of people on here with tons of knowledge and appreciate the people willing to help newbies like me. HAHA

I want the car complete in three years that is my goal. Just have to see what new comes out that I drool over to buy haha

Welcome, Nice car
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Very cool place to start! Looks pretty solid. Sounds like a decent budget for what you have in mind initially. Smart plan. I have seen too many projects fall by the wayside because of unrealistic goals. With your plan you can enjoy it as you go. One of my favorite F bodies.
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

nice car! always loved that rs split bumper ft end.......
      '68 Camaro 'vert project

Looks like a great start!

Nice ride..... are already has a decent motor/Trans combo and pro ally not worth the ls swap now . I could see it if you had a non od Trans and a tired motors.....Luther your $$ into the mini tubs and suspension. ...my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Welcome, Nice car
      Thanks brother!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
      Very cool place to start! Looks pretty solid. Sounds like a decent budget for what you have in mind initially. Smart plan. I have seen too many projects fall by the wayside because of unrealistic goals. With your plan you can enjoy it as you go. One of my favorite F bodies.
      Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker1965 View Post
      nice car! always loved that rs split bumper ft end.......
      It is growing on me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 813Demon340 View Post
      Looks like a great start!
      So far it is. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsnova View Post
      Nice ride..... are already has a decent motor/Trans combo and pro ally not worth the ls swap now . I could see it if you had a non od Trans and a tired motors.....Luther your $$ into the mini tubs and suspension. ...my .02
      Update on work done so far. When shop inspected the motor noticed that the cam was flat and damaged lifters and push rods. So have the motor at the machine shop repairing that now. While the motor is out of the car we removed the subframe to get it powder coated. Shop will also install the painless wiring kit while motor is out and replace radiator core support and new inner fenders. Had some custom a/c hoses made to remove some excess length so look little cleaner also. Will get some pics to post this weekend when I go back to the shop so can have some before and after pics. I am going try have the shop put the motor back in car, new atomic efi system installed on the 383, and car mini tubbed before the hot rod power tour starts in June since it starts less than 300 miles away from me this year and goes all over Texas.

Once car is mini tubbed can put the wheels on it that I am buying from SW on it. Car will not be painted before then but at least should be able to cold a/c and driveable for the summer. That is my goal as of right now. We shall see!

While I'd probably stick with the 383 myself, an LS swap can be done for pretty cheap if you're willing to rebuild a used truck motor with more appropriate components (new heads, intake, cam, and so forth). It certainly won't make as much power as a lot of the nice crate engines you can see people dropping in here (500 hp+ LS3/LS7), but it can be done for a fraction of the price.
      Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by ICrombie View Post
      While I'd probably stick with the 383 myself, an LS swap can be done for pretty cheap if you're willing to rebuild a used truck motor with more appropriate components (new heads, intake, cam, and so forth). It certainly won't make as much power as a lot of the nice crate engines you can see people dropping in here (500 hp+ LS3/LS7), but it can be done for a fraction of the price.
      Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing your progress!
      Thanks brother.

Nice car. You have a great platform to start with. I have always like those cars. Now that I am getting into mine I sure wish it would have been in better shape. But I will learn alot for sure. You will have fun with that.
      Bruce Jeppesen
      "RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
      1966 Chevelle
      1978 Ford F-150 4x4
      1930 Model
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...e-PT-Challenge

Need more time, more money and more ambition!!!

Awesome! Keep the SBC, too many LS swaps out there IMO.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I have two projects. A c10 with a big block and a Nova with a LS swap (Truck motor)

I'd vote keep the SBC. The LS swap was fun, but the old school motor makes a statement every time I turn the key.
      Brian

1972 C10 - 454/TH400 - Short bed conversion - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...1972-C10-SoCal
      1970 Nova - LS Swap - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Cal?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Pt109 View Post
      Nice car. You have a great platform to start with. I have always like those cars. Now that I am getting into mine I sure wish it would have been in better shape. But I will learn alot for sure. You will have fun with that.
      Good luck with your build as well. I know nothing about cars so am learning every week that is for sure. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Awesome! Keep the SBC, too many LS swaps out there IMO.
      Thanks I want to put a ls motor in it one day just will not be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bs46488 View Post
      I have two projects. A c10 with a big block and a Nova with a LS swap (Truck motor)

I'd vote keep the SBC. The LS swap was fun, but the old school motor makes a statement every time I turn the key.
      Like both of those vehicles seen the pictures of the scenery you get to look at everyday. Lucky man to see those mountains when you walk out the door.

Just to Blow everyone's Minds...Put a Coyote Motor in there.... Just Joshing.... Looks Great, and I Love the Color....
      Ron -
      1970 Mach1
      440 RWHP, 428 RWTQ
      Calypso Coral, 357W, T5Z 5-speed,
      Edelbrock 454 17x8 Wheels, 255x40x17 rear, 215x45x17 front, Bridgestone Potenza RE-71, TCP Coilovers Front, Global West Del-A-Lum Bushings,Global West Adj. Strut Rods, Wilwood Discs All around

They are awesome motors I would not hesitate if could afford it or got a good deal on one. LOL

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com