Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

07 dodge charger 5.7 hemi

Hello, i am very early into the 1st stage of my first build. I am going to build the engine than decide in the vehicle i will put it in. I have someone who is willing to trade me his 07 dodge charger hemi for my 07 hummer h3. I would only do this so that i could pull the engine from the charger and swap it i to early model charger, challenger or even pontiac trans am. Would a 07 5.7 hemi be a good motor to use to create a high horsepower build or should i stick with a 350 small block or 454 big block like i was originally planning? Any advice would be great. Or if you could recommend a good engine im not aware of id appreciate that as well. I love mopar but other than the 360 magnum im not to familiar with the differnt engines they have.

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum!

Sell the H3 and just buy a Hemi with accessories, wiring, etc. from the junkyard?

Sounds like you're a novice so rather than jump in the deep end of the pool I'd just start with a basic inexpensive SBC build to learn on and put it in something easy while you build a higher power engine. The builds you read about on these forums don't portray a very accurate picture of the time, expense, etc. involved.

I wouldn't put a Chrysler hemi in a Trans Am unless you're planning on keeping it forever or are willing to lose a lot of the money you put into the car. There just isn't much demand for that combo so very few potential buyers.

Thank you, i appreciate the feed back. I am thinkong about buying a ls or 350 small block to do my first engine build, ill probably stick to that!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com