Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

BMR weld-in subfame connectors vs. footwell space

So I'm leaning towards the BMR weld-in, however I do intend to have rear passengers. It looks like they come up through about an inch or so. I'm wondering if that's going to be awkward for those sitting in the back seat. Or is it pretty much out of the way where your feet would naturally position in the car? I figure I can cut the sound deadening around it, so only the bare carpet is over that section to minimize the bump, but it'll probably still be noticeable.

Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

I don't think that it is anymore awkward than the cramped foot space. I would put Dynamat around & over the SFC, then put carpet pad on either side and put the carpet down.

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      I don't think that it is anymore awkward than the cramped foot space. I would put Dynamat around & over the SFC, then put carpet pad on either side and put the carpet down.
      Thanks. That looks like less comes through than what I saw on the instructions for the SFC006 (image 3b). In the instructions you see even more length too. Is that the same part number (or has the design changed)? Do you have an estimate of how high it does it some into the floor?

I have a 1968 convertible, and full height solid body mounts. My floors are original factory (not replaced or repaired).
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by 68Formula View Post
      Thanks. That looks like less comes through than what I saw on the instructions for the SFC006 (image 3b). In the instructions you see even more length too. Is that the same part number (or has the design changed)? Do you have an estimate of how high it does it some into the floor?

I have a 1968 convertible, and full height solid body mounts. My floors are original factory (not replaced or repaired).
      Actually, I used a set that I modified slightly in my '73

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com