Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

View Poll Results: Tire Letters, Cool or Not?

Voters
    58. You may not vote on this poll
    • Definitely Cool

11 18.97%
    • Kinda Cool

19 32.76%
    • Not Cool

15 25.86%
    • F***ing Ugly

13 22.41%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      My vote is cool. The fad comes and goes, but i have always liked white letters on tires. Anyone who doesn't is a communist.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Country Flag: United States
      I think it depends - I don't like the Huge letter look, but if they are sized correctly & on the right car I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachalanche View Post
      My vote is cool. The fad comes and goes, but i have always liked white letters on tires. Anyone who doesn't is a communist.
      I agree! I still like them. Not too into the different colored ones on a tire though nor the great big letters.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I like the white letter tires on classic cars.

I like how this thread devolved from the original question into ppl talking about old school whitel letter tires lol.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      What kinda wheels are those?

2018 Mazda IMSA Le Mans Prototype Motegi Wheels wrapped in some Italian wet weather slicks I believe

I’m old school and I think they really stick out! I just saw a Japanese car with them in a parking lot a distance away and they really stuck out and got my attention

They look “correct” for a vintage look 60s or 70 muscle car. Not so much or a more modern restomod.
      The good thing is they’re not forever. Nobody’s car ever sat in “tire jail” for two years.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

Put me down for factory style raised white letters, which I think goes on just about anything. Weird colored, weird fonted stick-on stuff, not so much.

There's a new Civic in our lot with these. My younger engineers/car guys poke at it some.

I like it on trucks.

speaking of trucks and RWL - just saw this Brad DeBerti truck the other day and really liked it. Maybe it's just the BFG RWLs I like. I think this looks good even with the smaller sidewalls. Also like BFG on both sides - never thought of doing it that way. I always have the "RADIAL TA" on one side.

Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

It's a wild truck, he lives close to me, super friendly guy and drives the wheels off it. He's actually building a very interesting truck at the moment that I would have to clarify as pro-touring.

It's kinda cool but it's not my cut of tea. I really like seeing white paint because it looks nice.

Oh Hell Yes!! The above rides are stunning!

On my 66 nova build I will run them if I can do them tastefully, Trouble is the Michelin Pilot Sport wheels and the white letters are sort of di-ametrically opposed concept: But untill I repaint the car , I will run with the previous owners crappy 30-30 paint job (paint looks good at 30 feet or 30 MPH! I'm calling the genre ( Pro-Touring- High school Beater-Crappy paint job. We however will show-car finish the under hood, trunk, interior, door jams and underneath car to show case mikes work.

Thread Hi-Jack over! Over N out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com