Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Austria

Rubber transmission mount, TKO 500/600 type - some info

Guys,

I'm planning ahead for the transmission swap on my 64 Comet (3 on the tree toploader to McLeod Muscle Car 5 sp). My problem is that I need to order the mount for the box (I doubt the old leaf spring FoMoCo used on these set ups will work) McLeod said the holes in the steel plate which goes between the box and the mount (see pic: https://i.imgur.com/JczHvNu.jpg - the stupid site won't allow me to upload my pic) are the same as on a TKO 500/600 - does this mean any mount which works on T5 or T56 would fit? Am in the EU so can't go to the local auto store and ask, they won't have a clue (it's not a BMW etc.). Does anyone know the answer or has a part number I could use for a search? I need to use rubber because the engine mounts are standard (rubber) and it seems totally wrong to mix & match rubber and poly (for example).

Thanks in advance.

T

I had a TKO 600 in my 73 Camaro and just used a stock 73 auto trans rubber mount. Two bolt holes for the trans tail shaft and two bolt holes for the trans cross member. Here in the states they cost about $15? dollars.

Country Flag: Austria
      Thanks - I did some more research and it seems you may be right, the rubber mount used on the GM 350 and 400 is the right one, and those I may be able to get even here...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com