Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: Germany

Buick Skylark (70/72) build, another A-body

Hey guys i would like to start this story about my build.
      Its a "typical" untypical GM A-Body build.
      I purchased this 72 Buick Skylark that has a 70 model Front conversion a hidious interior, a almost stock sbb 350, and a build 9 inch rear end with 4.11 gears.
      The car was with its last owner for 15 years and is for what i want to do with it in decent shape.
      I said decent not perfect at all.

So i have decided to sell my LS/ LC9 that was build for a turbo drag project (Sold the Car) and go
      Non Aspirated LS with functioning AC, planing on 500hp +-.
      I have not decided yet and would like to get more input.
      Obviously the 1st option is a GEN3 LS:
      i am not sure a 5.3 could be build failry easy for 500+-? but they are so cheap that why i always consider them somehow.
      A 6.0 Truck based Lq4 or Lq9 is always a great option i think but cost 2x right away.
      a ls2 comes with a price tag as well,
      With that said the GEN$ truck motors become a fair option as well, question is if the VVT conversion etc is a headache?

i would like to keep it fairly easy with a CAM SWAP, possibly stock head swap , Tune and Exhaust system
      while maintaining Power steering and AC.
      Topic AC my car is a non AC car, should i consider a Vintage air kit or can i maintain a OEM Compressor with what system?

would be great to get some input on the motor choice
      Budget is always in mind.
      @ this point i am not planing to paint the car, i even consider a "fauxtina/Patina" look
      the car will be definitly get a suspension upgrade with tubular arms in the front and a decent drop on 18 inch wheels with a decent rubber selection.
      I will drive the car and want to have it reliable but Musclecar Nasty-ish

Name:  20191116_124347.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  458.8 KB
      Name:  20191116_124416.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  297.5 KB
      Name:  20191116_124422.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  312.6 KB
      Name:  20191116_124511.jpg
Views: 899