Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

67 Mustang sway bar issues

So i decided it would be a good idea to cut a coil out of my new scott drake springs. I think i cut too much... the spring basically falls out of the car now, absolutely no need for a coil spring compressor. While my car was on the lift the springs just bounced around, wasn't until i attached the shocks to the towers that they stayed in place.

I have a dusty but new 1" big block sway bar i bought years ago that i went to put on my car. First off the frame brackets i had were horrible and needed grinding to make them fit the fame holes, even then the bolts were so tight no washers could be used. next the bar seems to be no where near the control arms. with the end links installed they lean forward towards the core support at a horrible angle. also my lower control arms are parallel while sitting on the ground. the top of a 225/40/18 sits just at the wheel arch.

so i scrap my sway bar and pull the bar off my dads 67, its also a big block bar and i notice his bar has energy mounts (nice) and his bar is bent way differently at the end link mounts than mine. see pics

my bars ends were bent down while my dads is pretty level.

needless to say, i think my car is just too low. I am going to toss in some global west spring risers and see if i can salvage my lower control arm angle to mount my sway bar. I have 2" and 2.5" end link spacers. what length do you all run? i have 1/2 tubing i can cut some custom ones out of if needed.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com