Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Which PMU are you running?

I'm getting ready to tear my dash out and that means finally re-doing all of my vehicles wiring. It's a disaster under there from the previous owner doing the Vintage air and the Dakota Digital gauges. I'm going to be doing my Holley EFI right before this so the wiring cleanup for that can be part of this process.

I figure now is the best time to upgrade to a proper solid-state power management unit to move beyond fuses and old school relays finally on this build. A PMU should help a lot with all of the fan loads, electronics and ECU getting nice clean power, and with things like pwm for fuel pumps and fan speeds.

What are the more popular PMUs that you guys are running in the Pro Touring world?

I'm pretty disappointed Holley doesn't even make a PMU yet to go with their EFI systems, seems like it would be a very complimentary product.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Holley actually does and it's really well put together. It's under their Racepak brand. They call it the Smartwire. I have the street kit. Even comes with a majority of the wire you'll need. The primary reason I chose this one is due to the direct integration with their EFI systems. The CAN language is compatible so you only need 1 set of sensors for everything to cross communicate. Apparently it also has the ability to do pwm, but I don't understand it that well yet.

rywire.com also has a few killer options, but none of it will talk to the Holley stuff via CANbus.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Thank you so much! That sounds like exactly what I want. I didn't think to check under Racepak. I'll do that!

I'm actually considering just driving my car down South and having Rywire do all of my wiring for me in their awesome super clean manner.

See, this is why I post here. I knew you guys would have the answers!
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Glad I could help. They are a Racepak dealer so he should be able to handle the entire procedure. Make sure to share photos of his work because it always looks fantastic!
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com