Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

holley white box oil pan

Does anybody know the scoop on the "white Box" oil pans from holley. I was just shopping on thier website for a pan for a swap I'm doing and when i was clicked into the 302-1 pan, there were selections for "holley", "holley Kits", and "white Box" under Brands. the "white box" pan appears to be the same as the "holley" pan just without the holley logo cast into it. So is it essentially the same pan without the holley logo? and fancy box with holley written all over it? Its less money but wondering if its a chinese cast peice vs and american cast peice or heck maybe they are all cast offshore? It doesn't really specifically call out any differences on their website.

thanks.
      72 Nova SS, on the back burner for now.

current cruiser: "The green machine"

'70 Impala 4drht, 26K original miles, 2" drop springs and large swaybars, drives pretty good for a land yahct in the middle of an ls1 swap, but thinking about changing directions to a duramax diesel swap.

My 302-1 says Made In China.
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dorion View Post
      My 302-1 says Made In China.
      Interesting. I guess that explains why I couldn't find it called out on their website if the "holley" pans were made in USA. so Im guessing its the same pan without the holley logo cast into it. Thanks for the reply.
      72 Nova SS, on the back burner for now.

current cruiser: "The green machine"

'70 Impala 4drht, 26K original miles, 2" drop springs and large swaybars, drives pretty good for a land yahct in the middle of an ls1 swap, but thinking about changing directions to a duramax diesel swap.

Looks like the white box part is “as cast” which implies the Holley pan has cosmetic improvements due to the finish etc. Maybe the white box pans are cosmetic seconds with minor cosmetic flaws.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com