Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS3 Holley Oil Pan

Since the Chevelle requires a different oil pan, I did buy a Holley pan. The paperwork that came with the cruise and connect kit says the stock motor/pan takes 8 litres. The Holley pan is shallower so it clears the cross member. I'm assuming the amount of oil required doesn't change?

Thanks in advance,
      Perry

Country Flag: United States
      The paperwork that came w the holley pan should have the specs/capacity, oil filter part # etc.

Yeah, Holley pan is I believe 6 qts. I have the 302-2 pan.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

The pan dictates the amount of oil, not the engine. And beware - your dipstick will no longer read properly unless you’ve also purchased a matching dipstick.

Thanks for making me check haha. GM's website sells the Holley 302-2 oil pan for the LS conversion and in there they said I will need GM part #12669528 dipstick which is what my LS3 has.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post
      The pan dictates the amount of oil, not the engine. And beware - your dipstick will no longer read properly unless you’ve also purchased a matching dipstick.
      Shouldn’t the oil level end up where it was originally regardless of the pan being used? Thus, the original dipstick would work.

I have the 302-2 pan with a stock dipstick and believe it’s stock, unless it is remarked or something. It’s been quite a while.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

I just went through my first start after 2.5 years with great success. Having said that, the stock dipstick works perfectly with the Holley oil pan. After filling the filter with oil and adding 6 litres for the engine, I checked the oil level and it was right at the upper level on the dipstick.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com