Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

67 Camaro Convertible project G Machine

This car was stored (under a tarp) in the Redwood forests of Northern California for 20 years. It took over an hour to drive up the fire road from the cabin to get the trailer up to the paved road (then 2 hour drive from there home). That was September this year.

It is a frame off project and is almost completely apart now.

I love this site because of the cutting technology that you guys embrace. I found Team Camaro first but they didn't like my inquiries into 19 or 20 inch wheels (taboo over there). I have already seen some great first gen's that you guys are have got looking pretty mean.

I am in the planning process, trying to figure out what combo of tubular a-arms, 4 wheel disc's and coil over's I will buy. I also have my eye on a speed o motive stroker motor and a Tremec 5 speed. I think I have decided on trying to get a set of 255-35-20 BFG KDW's all the way around and since I won't be racing this car I think the extra rotating mass of that setup will be offset by the bad*** look.

Who knows..... Look out for my probing questions as I try to pick you guys' brain for "been there done that" info. I have been out of the hot rod game for over 20 years (I had a 69 Z28 clone back in late 70's, early 80's), so I know there is alot of new technology out there.

Thats enough rambling for today. Thanks.

Calicraig

67 Camaro SS Convertible
      Frame off project started September 2005

Had a 69 Z28 clone back in the 80's
      Still kicking myself for getting rid of it

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the board. I have a 67 Convertible RS with 20inch rims(in the back) big brakes, 6 speed, etc. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome to the site, Craig.

You may want to do a search for Speedomotive on the web - if memory serves, there are some vocal folks who are less than happy about their dealings with them.

Got pics?

Yuba City, CA (bout 1/2 hour north of Sacramento)
      Post some pics please and what part of Nor Cal are u in?
      J.T.

Welcome to the site, Craig.

So how do I post pictures of my convertible with a moonroof?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperBlue68
      Post some pics please and what part of Nor Cal are u in?

How do you guys post pics? I have them on my hard drive, but there must be a trick to it. My feeble attempts to this point have been thwarted. I would really appreciatte some very specific instructions.

And I live in a little, two horse town named Martinez. Population 28,000. If you haven't heard of it (The Martini being invented here is our claim to fame) its about 20 miles east of Berkeley.
      Calicraig

67 Camaro SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by calicraig
      How do you guys post pics? I have them on my hard drive, but there must be a trick to it.
      Use the Advanced reply ("Go Advanced" below the reply box). Scroll down a little to the "Manage Attachments" button. Press that, browse to your pics, click "Upload". Close that window when it's all done, post your post, there you are.

Here we go

I am comfortable with a torque wrench, but feel like a retard in this cyber world.

It says "Invalid Post Specified",,, "Notify Webmaster",,,I tried........
      Calicraig

67 Camaro SS Convertible

How big are the photos you're thinking to post (right-click the photo, choose Properties, the file size should be on the screen that pops up)? If the file size is close to or above 1mb, you could get that error.

Alternately, http://imageshack.us can be used to host pics - they supply the code to put in your post.

Finally,,,, pictures

Calicraig

67 Camaro SS Convertible

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com