Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      the offset cross shafts only affect camber, DSE uses mounting slugs to shift the arm for and aft to affect caster.

From what I can tell the guy at QA1 does not seem to know what he's talking about, according to QA1 the upper arms have 3-4* of built in positive caster, this means that your car when it had stock upper control arms had around 6-7* of NEGATIVE caster!!!!!!! stock caster setting is typically around -1.5 to +1.5, I don't know what it is exactly but you can see it is way off the opposite way their arms are supposed to change it.
      A-body arms are very symmetrical and not out of the realm of possibilities that the sticker was put on the wrong leg.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Have you verified you have the correct part numbers?
      According to the last page of the instructions, it looks like the arms are installed in the correct orientation for PN 52422 that I think you should have for your application.
      http://www.qa1.net/tech/documents/GM...11-15-2016.pdf
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Quote Originally Posted by 79T/Aman View Post
      the offset cross shafts only affect camber, DSE uses mounting slugs to shift the arm for and aft to affect caster.

From what I can tell the guy at QA1 does not seem to know what he's talking about, according to QA1 the upper arms have 3-4* of built in positive caster, this means that your car when it had stock upper control arms had around 6-7* of NEGATIVE caster!!!!!!! stock caster setting is typically around -1.5 to +1.5, I don't know what it is exactly but you can see it is way off the opposite way their arms are supposed to change it.
      A-body arms are very symmetrical and not out of the realm of possibilities that the sticker was put on the wrong leg.
      I am inclined to agree, but all evidence points to the contrary. The front arm is supposed to be 9.5” from the center line of the cross shaft bolt to the center line of the ball joint. The rear arm is 10” from the same reference points. The measurements match mine. The front arm of the “A” is shorter on their design (at least for A bodies). For G bodies it’s obviously different.

Quote Originally Posted by eville View Post
      Have you verified you have the correct part numbers?
      According to the last page of the instructions, it looks like the arms are installed in the correct orientation for PN 52422 that I think you should have for your application.
      http://www.qa1.net/tech/documents/GM...11-15-2016.pdf
      Only visually by shape and logically since that’s their A body arm. Didn’t find a stamped # on the arm itself.

If the other shop gets the same numbers I'd check the ball joints.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Quote Originally Posted by eville View Post
      If the other shop gets the same numbers I'd check the ball joints.
      Taller, maybe?

OK last post on this, I understand not wanting to face the facts but going from over 3* Negative to 4 Positive means moving the ball joint 1.5"+
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Quote Originally Posted by 79T/Aman View Post
      OK last post on this, I understand not wanting to face the facts but going from over 3* Negative to 4 Positive means moving the ball joint 1.5"+
      I hope you understand that I appreciate your help with this and I am not doubting your expertise. By saying that the evidence is to the contrary, what I mean is that the measurements provided by QA1 via a schematic drawing match the control arms as installed in my car. I am at a loss to understand it. I WILL try swapping them side to side and then take it for alignment. I’ll report back. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com