Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Sweden

Hellcat rear end

Hi
      Has anyone installed a Hellcat rear end on a Dodge Charger -68 -70 ?
      In my project I thinking about buying a use Hellcat rear end and install in my 1970 Dodge Charger project.

Country Flag: United States
      Track width is much wider than stock.. If you narrow the subframe & do new CV shafts you should be able to make it work with some fabrication.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Not sure if you'll find anyone with experience swapping that rear end, but guys have been doing the 2015+ Mustang IRS more and more. There is a Camaro on here that just used one. I put one in my truck. It looks like the Hellcat rear is fairly similar in layout with just odd gear ratios. I would verify the parts availability before committing. The Mustang stuff is so popular to swap because it's cheap and has a TON of aftermarket options (think of it like the LS of the suspension world).

Track width can be dealt with by narrowing arms/axles or making your front match and possibly flaring the body. The biggest thing to take into account is ride height since you usually have to modify the rear frame rails to fit the assembly up into the chassis enough. If you aren't afraid of fabrication work that requires very good measurements, IRS is a really great addition to an old car.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Country Flag: Sweden
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Not sure if you'll find anyone with experience swapping that rear end, but guys have been doing the 2015+ Mustang IRS more and more. There is a Camaro on here that just used one. I put one in my truck. It looks like the Hellcat rear is fairly similar in layout with just odd gear ratios. I would verify the parts availability before committing. The Mustang stuff is so popular to swap because it's cheap and has a TON of aftermarket options (think of it like the LS of the suspension world).

Track width can be dealt with by narrowing arms/axles or making your front match and possibly flaring the body. The biggest thing to take into account is ride height since you usually have to modify the rear frame rails to fit the assembly up into the chassis enough. If you aren't afraid of fabrication work that requires very good measurements, IRS is a really great addition to an old car.
      Thank, I understand that it need some fabrications

Could I get a link to that camaro / mustang IRS swap / install ?
      Thanks Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Zl1427 View Post
      Could I get a link to that camaro / mustang IRS swap / install ?
      Thanks Marc
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot-Herja-quot
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com