Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: CA fires

CA fires

Anyone else on here close to the fires? I almost had to evacuate this morning. This one is called the Hillside Fire. Picture taken around 3am this morning from my driveway after someone came to my door and told me to start packing. Couple houses in my neighborhood burnt down.

Name:  20191031_024230.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  70.5 KB
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

I’m up near Magic Mountain, so close to that “Tick” fire and the other one in Castaic. No evacuation warning or power outage for my neighborhood, so that was good. Hopefully the wind will die down soon. I’d almost prefer an earthquake over this wind, lol.

Country Flag: United States
      Scary times. Thankfully we're safe at home and at the lake house this year. My GF has been doing fire debris removal for the last two years (Tubbs, Atlas, Carr, Camp and Wolsey). When in doubt, evacuate early, these fires are NO JOKE.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

I'm telling you, I feel sorry for the people who have lost so much. Seems like if there's a forest fire anywhere, California seems to get it.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I feel for you guys! I've been through Hurricanes, Tornados & Floods, but these fires just keep coming!

Ya these fires have been no joke lately. One minute its just a little brush fire and a hour later the whole mountain is on fire. We have been getting 70 mph gusts of wind which really help spread the fire fast. Today is the first non windy day in at least a week and a half. The wind is twice as bad at the base of the mountains, where I live, than in the middle of the city. Sometimes it will be blowing like crazy at my house, then when I get to work which is 11 miles south, not even a breeze. I can almost guarantee that when the wind picks up again, a new fire will start.

It's nuts. I feel very lucky that we have not lost anything. I have been surrounded by fires for some time and my house is like a smoke magnet.

A couple of weeks ago it got within 400-500 feet?

My heart goes out to anyone who has a loss of any kind. It just sucks.

Ughhh
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Larry - Does your entire house reek of smoke now? That is all I smell in mine. Even when I walk outside, it still smells like someone is having a camp fire. And then there is all the ash that just does not seem to go away.... Even the cars in my garage are covered in ash somehow.

You can contact your insurance they may do cleaning and restoration due to smoke damage from smoke/soot.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

I have been running the A/C fan a lot on recirculate to help. It's getting better but we seem to be a little down wind again.

Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com