Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 Camaro front wheels

I have a 68 Camaro with the Heidts Pro-G sub frame and suspension, wanting to put 18x8 wheels on the car, looking for advice on backspacing.
      Thanks for your help.

Country Flag: United States
      I had 18x8s under mine, the pics below are with a backspace of 4.875" However, I purchased them before I planned on going with an aftermarket subframe, once I did, I regretted it for years before selling them on and getting 18x9.5's, and that's without even driving the car. In saying that It was mostly because it looked mismatched with 12" wide rears.

As well as being too narrow, I also thought they sat too far inside the lip, so my new wheels are wider not only in width but also in backspacing by half an inch.
      Something to heavily consider so you don't make the same mistake I did.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      I had 18x8s under mine, the pics below are with a backspace of 4.875" However, I purchased them before I planned on going with an aftermarket subframe, once I did, I regretted it for years before selling them on and getting 18x9.5's, and that's without even driving the car. In saying that It was mostly because it looked mismatched with 12" wide rears.

As well as being too narrow, I also thought they sat too far inside the lip, so my new wheels are wider not only in width but also in backspacing by half an inch.
      What size tire did you use up front?

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Tstence View Post
      What size tire did you use up front?
      These were 235/45R18. It had a little more sidewall than the rears, might look slightly better with a 40 profile

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post

Thanks a lot for your help!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com