Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Shock Suggestion for C2 VBS Suspension 66 Corette Roadster

My 66 Corvette Roadster is setup for vintage racing with a VBS transverse dual front and rear mount composite spring. VBS is no longer in business. The shocks are currently Bilstein Sport series. I am no longer participating in track and would like to take the suspension to a more comfortable ride. The composite springs are set for the softest ride, but it still rides like a log truck. I'm a believer in changing one thing at a time, so it's either QA1 adjustables or ridetech single adjustables (suggestions appreciated).

If that doesn't do the trick, I'll consider a different front (coilover??) suspension. My upper control arms are OEM but lowers are tubular VBS.

Suggestions appreciated....Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      I would start with shocks that have more low speed bleed, Viking has just finished a trip;e adjustable shock for that.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

If you haven't already, I'd contact Dan at VanSteel. He seems to know as much or more than anyone about how to make shocks work with composite springs. Do you know the spring rate on those composites? When I had my rear set soft, it felt too squirmy.

They also have upper arms for your car that would increase the caster significantly. I know you aren't looking for racetrack stuff now, but that might be nice even on the street.
      Jim..Car Junkie
      1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
      RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
      68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com