Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

WTT 1968 Camaro for a Tri-5 Nomad with Patina

Hey guys,

I'm curious if anyone out there has a car that may fit my needs more than my 1968 Camaro does. My wife and I just had our second baby, and it's got me thinking about getting more of a cruiser that has more room for the kiddos. As it is right now, my 4 YO is pretty tight in the back seat sitting behind my wife and at 6' 2" I've got my seat all the way back leaving zero room for another car seat. So, if I want to cruise in the next few years with the kiddos, I need to figure something out that will give more room.

I've always loved the tri-5 Bel-Air's, and I'm in love with the Nomads. Ideally what I'd like to find is a car with original patina that's solid. I would also consider a car that has been painted, but I'd really like to have a car with a one of the 50's colors. Teal, baby blue, brown, cream, etc. The car also doesn't need to have a drive-train, or a bad motor/trans as I'm not opposed to a semi-project. At this point I'm not in a position to add cash to the deal. I'm not actively selling, but if someone mad me a good offer I would sell it. It may be easier that way, but thought it would be cool to trade cars.

No hurry for this, but wanted to throw it out there. Here's a link to my build, should answer any questions.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Pincher/page27

Here are some current pictures.

If interested, send me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers to talk on the phone.

Thanks,
      Ryan

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

I would also consider a 66 Chevelle Coupe.

I know the feeling of limited space. I have been watching my two young ones grow larger and larger in the backseat of my Nova. It got a LOT better after moving from car seats to boosters. Heck even just turning the car seat around was a big improvement after they grew out of the rear-facing period. The Nova does have a few more inches of legroom (3rd gen Nova wheelbase is 111in vs. 1st gen Camaro 108), so I can imagine how cramped you must be feeling. Both of the cars you have in mind sound like great ideas. Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best of luck!
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

I'd still consider a trade but I have now ripped the stock ECU and harness from my car and will be installing a Terminator X ECU. I love how adaptable it is and I'm looking forward to working with this new platform.

Maybe I'm getting specific, but I'm really only looking for a 55 or 56 Nomad with original paint if it's out there.

Interior is almost done. Just needs to have the front and rear seats recovered to be 100%.

Still considering a trade for a '55 or '56 Nomad. But now my driveline is all different with a supercharged 6.2 and TR6060/T56 hybrid trans. Really want an original paint type of car and don't want a car with high end paint and/or parts.

We're in a similar position family wise (with a 68 Firebird). We put the baby in the front seat (rear facing, with the seat slid forward as much as possible), my wife behind her, and the toddler behind me. It's not ideal, especially with high back buckets, but manageable. The biggest complaint is no A/C.

It'll be better when the kids can both be forward facing in the back seat.
      - Ryan

I've had the car for 6 years now and I think I want to change it up. I've always loved the Tri-5's, and lately had an eye for the Nomad's.

Understandable, tri-5's are a solid choice. Hopefully you can find someone to work a win-win deal with.
      - Ryan

What's the outright price for the Camaro?

Don't rule out an A-body 4 door. :D Decent amount of interior room, same front suspension, firewall, engine bay setup. I'm running 07 Maxima seats in mine that I set back (6' 1") for comfort, and still have room to scare people in the backseat.

https://flic.kr/p/2kDyncD

https://flic.kr/p/2kMJxvH
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I pm'd you stolen. My outright price is $58k as is. Im going to be listing it in the spring after I get some new seats and tires for more. I'd be willing to sell here though for a little less.

Oh and the car is now equipped with an LSA and 6 tr6060/Magnum hybrid.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com