Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

suspension work on a four post lift

HI everyone, anybody ever do suspension work on a four post lift? i have streetgrip system I want to install, and I would like to use my lift rather crawling around on the floor, but it seems difficult. Jacking up the rear frame with jack stands using the plate will be difficult, as the width of the ramps is not conducive, and I will need the jack tray to support rear. also lowering and compressing the front coils with a floor jack on the ramps is a bit sketchy as well....Looking for comments and solutions of those who may attempted to do this... It may be simpler using the floor...

I use the 2 safety stands from harbor freight when I do suspension work on my cars on the four post lift. works for me

I have two of these chassis Jack's and they work great for suspension work on my 4 post lift.

Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      I have two of these chassis Jack's and they work great for suspension work on my 4 post lift.
      Where did you get yours? Usually they cost a small fortune.
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor5588 View Post
      Where did you get yours? Usually they cost a small fortune.
      I bought them from Advantage with my lift. And correct, they are not cheap. I opted for the manual pump version vs air over hydraulic which saved some money though and has not been an issue. the Advantage ones are nice because they have wheels that roll on the channel inside the ramps, I found this makes them much easier to move around than the ones that just slide on Delrin blocks.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com