Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Which tall ball joint?

Hi guys.

This post is a side note to my post on my "baffling" suspension issue. I'm going to reinstall the stock spindles on my Ride Tech control arms as a test. I'm told I need to have a tall ball joint to prevent binding with the Ride Tech upper arm. Proforged make a .5 inch tall and a .9 inch extra tall ball joint. I currently have the tall L&H spindles which are 1 1/2 taller than stock.

My question is which tall ball joint would work better, the .5 or .9? The .9 seems like an obvious choice as I already have been using a 1 1/2 inch taller spindle, but that also seems like a lot of leverage on the ball joint.

I'm also going to order the tall outer tie rod ends as recommended to help reduce bumpsteer.

I've check David Pozzi's site but I can only find info on the .5 ball joint.

Thanks for any insight.

Joe
      Joe G
      69 Coupe; ZZ430;TKO 600 5 speed; 3.55 posi; 13" Baer 4 wheel discs; 17" Billet Specialties wheels; Hotchkis/Koni rear; Ride Tech Strong Arms and coilovers front; Classic AutoAir AC and power windows now cuz I'm old and lazy!

Country Flag: United States
      I don't see why you need tall ball joints with the tall spindles, where did that info come from?
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Quote Originally Posted by 79T/Aman View Post
      I don't see why you need tall ball joints with the tall spindles, where did that info come from?
      I guess I wasn't clear. I am re-installing the stock spindles to take the L&H Customs spindles out of the equation to see if my problem disappears.

I did contact Ride Tech for their advice but have not heard anything yet.

Joe
      Joe G
      69 Coupe; ZZ430;TKO 600 5 speed; 3.55 posi; 13" Baer 4 wheel discs; 17" Billet Specialties wheels; Hotchkis/Koni rear; Ride Tech Strong Arms and coilovers front; Classic AutoAir AC and power windows now cuz I'm old and lazy!

AH! I would use the .9 tall then
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Howe Tall Ball Joints

I used tall ball joints from Howe Racing. These are rebuildable and have multiple stud lengths ranging from +.1" to +.9" Here's a link to their site:

https://howeracing.com/index.php/bal...69-camaro.html

Rodney
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com