Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

69 Camaro Inboard Shock Relocation. Geometry. Advice.

Considering moving shocks inboard and a small minitub. I can weld and fab my own mounts don't need advice on a kit. Looking for advice on best mounting points and angles. Since Im changing the mounting points this opens up my options on shock ends, would using eyering on both ends open up shock choice options. Plan on running stock fuel tank, if I need to upgrade to a notched tank I will.

Should I keep the shocks staggered?
      Should I keep the angles the same, Are there advantages with different layout?
      Whats the optimal lower mounting point, Leaf spring mount or axle?

Rear suspension plan: 2" lowering leafs - undecided on brand. 9" 31 spline 4.11 traclok, narrowed to factory camaro width been in the car for years.
      Have all parts for LT1 or LS1 rear brake swap havent mocked up mounting points yet.

Been reading thru other threads, nothing quite covers rear shock geometry on relocated shocks.

Car has new trunk and outer wheelhouses installed, all painted up nice with raptor and top coat of urethane....and, Im cutting back into it. OT, You can see the pass thru the floor subframe connectors here. Name:  20150921_130926.jpeg
Views: 421
Size:  52.9 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Rear shocks work better if they are close to vertical. I'd say 10 degrees with top inward would be OK.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com