Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hydramat to fuel pump question

I'd like to use a hydramat with my fuel tank. But, the input for my fuel pump is 22mm. Holley has one that connects to an 11mm all the rest that would work for me are either 3/8 of 1/2 NPT. A 3/4" PVC coupler fits nice and snug on the intake for a size comparison. But obviously you can't use PVC in a fuel tank. My current thought is to try and use a piece of 3/4 fuel line and clamp it to the pump. There may be just enough of a lip to clamp it to. Then use a fitting or fittings to get it to attach to the 3/8 or 1/2 NPT.

Any other ideas? Anyone else have a fuel pump with a 22mm pick up ??

67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Not a popular idea, but how about getting a new pump?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I tried six ways from Sunday to use a Hydramat on my new tank setup and just couldn't figure out a good way because of the same problems you are finding. Holley's proprietary connections on the good sized mat really limit one's fuel pump choices.

I ended up with a vaporworx setup with 2 corner pickups and am very happy with how it performs.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com