Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LSA ECU and Fuse Box Mounting

Hey guys looking for ideas on where to mount the ECU and Fuse Center inside my 69 Camaro. I want it hidden from sight but accessible without taking anything apart. I don’t want to put it in the glove box as I want that usable. I’m also not using the original dash so I have much more space behind the dash than a stock piece. My dash (from a Mercedes CLA) is also much lower than stock as well. I was hoping everything could fit behind the radio/nav screen since that space will be empty anyway (I will be putting an iPad in to control radio and hvac). Here’s a pic of the dash so far.

Pictures would be tremendously helpful
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      i mounted mine behind the glove box, in font of the vintage air unit its on a bracket that mounts above the kick panel. Im not excited about how i mounted it but when you add, HVAC, Under dash wiring, ECU, Fuse panel, and stereo you run out of room fast. i'm running the PSI harness and found it was long and bulky.

Country Flag: United States
      I think the spot you suggested will be your only option if you aren't willing to sacrifice glove box space. On my stock dash 68 Camaro I had to use the glove box but probably could of fit it where the radio and climate controls go if I was mounting a tablet flush against the dash. With your dash protruding further into the cabin and creating even more space in that area I'm sure you can make it fit. The trick will be making it serviceable too.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Thanks for the replies. I have to mount the ac in there first I guess then go from there

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com