Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

What's with the Login?

For the past several years I've only needed to enter my user name and password at the top of the home page to login. Now I do that and get a popup stating I've entered invalid information and must register to post. Below that are two more fields to reenter my user name and password. When I do this the site admits me. What's with this? Having to enter my login information twice is really irritating.

It's possible that you need to update an old no longer valid e-mail address? I will send you one using the one you have on file. Please respond to it if you receive it.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Please follow this link to update your e-mail address. Please let me know if this does not solve your problem.

https://www.pro-touring.com/profile.php?do=editpassword
      Larry Callahan

Thank you for the response. I removed and replaced my email address as suggested, but this did not fix the problem, still get the box indicating unrecognized login credentials and the need to register.

I wonder if your browser has an old password cached?

Have you tried checking the "Remember Me" box before logging in?
      Larry Callahan

I think Larry is on to something with the browser set up. While at home I have no issues logging in, first time and Im good. While at work its another story, and the same as the first post. I log in and then it says unrecognized credentials, Ive just ignored it and figured it was something wonky with the work computers. Doesn't help with the OP's problem but just stating I've seen that identical problem while at work.
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

I still have the problem. Today I had to do the double log in as usual and then when I tried to post a reply to another member's question, I got the same box showing I needed to log in and register and could not post without registering. This is really irritating. After I execute the double log in, the top of the home page shows my user ID indicating that I am in fact logged in, but if I try to do anything other than read postings I effectively get logged out. This all started after we got the message on the site a while back about needing to confirm our email address for the account in the message box that showed up when we logged in. I did follow the link to reenter and confirm my email and presto, problems began. Also, today if I clicked on my user ID name at the very top of the page I got the same box showing I needed to register so I logged out and tried it again and after clicking on my user ID name I got the list of postings I'd made which is what I should see. Something is jacked up and becoming too much aggravation to bother with. What the heck happened to my account settings?

I’d clear all your browser cache and saved passwords. The. Log in and make sure you click the “remember me” button
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Quote Originally Posted by ctcz28 View Post
      I still have the problem. Today I had to do the double log in as usual and then when I tried to post a reply to another member's question, I got the same box showing I needed to log in and register and could not post without registering. This is really irritating. After I execute the double log in, the top of the home page shows my user ID indicating that I am in fact logged in, but if I try to do anything other than read postings I effectively get logged out. This all started after we got the message on the site a while back about needing to confirm our email address for the account in the message box that showed up when we logged in. I did follow the link to reenter and confirm my email and presto, problems began. Also, today if I clicked on my user ID name at the very top of the page I got the same box showing I needed to register so I logged out and tried it again and after clicking on my user ID name I got the list of postings I'd made which is what I should see. Something is jacked up and becoming too much aggravation to bother with. What the heck happened to my account settings?
      I'm sorry for trouble. I don't see anything wrong.

Any chance you can get a screen capture of the process?

We will figure this out.
      Larry Callahan

I have the same problem here when using my phone, but my tablet works fine. Interestingly, I have the same issue on another site, but there the phone works, but not the tablet. Both the phone and tablet are Android based...

So I read the above and nothing works. Tried the link to save my password and get a pop up saying my email does not match the one listed????
      I cleared history and cache
      Do not have or have ever had any passwords saved from anywhere
      Still have to log in twice everytime
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
      So I read the above and nothing works. Tried the link to save my password and get a pop up saying my email does not match the one listed????
      I cleared history and cache
      Do not have or have ever had any passwords saved from anywhere
      Still have to log in twice everytime
      Hmmm.. Any chance I can get you to look at your settings and see what e-mail address is saved? Oh wait, I will send you a test e-mail and see if you get it.
      Larry Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      Hmmm.. Any chance I can get you to look at your settings and see what e-mail address is saved? Oh wait, I will send you a test e-mail and see if you get it.
      Received it and replied

The site still does this randomly for me. I gave up trying to figure out what the problem is. I thought my desktop shortcut might have been corrupted or was outdated so I deleted it and generated an new one – no difference; sometimes it works with one login and other times it takes two. What I've noticed is at the top of the page where you input your Name and Password to login, one must wait until all the ads load and then click on the Name box. If the word "Name" is automatically cleared leaving the box open for one to enter one's name, I only need to enter the Name and password once. I when I click on the Name box to enter my name and the box is not automatically cleared of the word "Name" such that I need to manually delete the word "Name" prior to entering my actual user name, then the site requires I reenter both Name and Password. This never fails so I know immediately if I’m getting into the site with one or two logins – Name cleared automatically; one login – Name not cleared automatically; two logins. Sometimes when this happens and the Name box is not automatically cleared when I click on it I close out from the site altogether and try again; sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Some days the only way in is with the double login which can be irritating so some of those days I just skip it. This it the only site I've ever had this problem with. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by ctcz28 View Post
      The site still does this randomly for me. I gave up trying to figure out what the problem is. I thought my desktop shortcut might have been corrupted or was outdated so I deleted it and generated an new one – no difference; sometimes it works with one login and other times it takes two. What I've noticed is at the top of the page where you input your Name and Password to login, one must wait until all the ads load and then click on the Name box. If the word "Name" is automatically cleared leaving the box open for one to enter one's name, I only need to enter the Name and password once. I when I click on the Name box to enter my name and the box is not automatically cleared of the word "Name" such that I need to manually delete the word "Name" prior to entering my actual user name, then the site requires I reenter both Name and Password. This never fails so I know immediately if I’m getting into the site with one or two logins – Name cleared automatically; one login – Name not cleared automatically; two logins. Sometimes when this happens and the Name box is not automatically cleared when I click on it I close out from the site altogether and try again; sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Some days the only way in is with the double login which can be irritating so some of those days I just skip it. This it the only site I've ever had this problem with. Strange.
      Oh wow. That's an odd one.

I will reach out to my server guy later today to see if we can figure out all of these.
      Larry Callahan

I have noticed that as well. You have to physically highlight "Name" and "Password" and delete before entering yours. Been doing that since day 1 here and it always worked 'til the last few times here. Must be the ads like you said messing up the login at the top. 2nd login always works though

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com