Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 Camaro Console with Gauges

I don't have a center console, and looking to get a ready-direct fit console to fit this Quad Shifter Console from AutoMeter:
      https://www.autometer.com/2-1-16-fou...aro-68-69.html

Anyone knows available consoles, not custom or DIY? Please share link

I have a 6 speed T56 with a Hurst Shifter, relocated, a little further away from the A/C dash panel (previously had a 4speed Muncie) - photo below.
      THANK YOU

Name:  48978913046_bf6314d085_c.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  146.4 KB
      Name:  48979097182_f0816bb630_c.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  64.6 KB

1968 Camaro SS | LSx 364ci
      T-56 | RT StreetGrip | RT Steering Kit | TRSD Disc Brakes | Wilwood Dual Piston

Country Flag: United States
      That quad gauge cluster is designed to fit the stock center console in the original location the factory gauges are positioned. Fits perfect in my stock console. The problem you might have if you use the stock type console is the location of your shifter. I am running a T56 Mag with a Blackjack shifter which relocates the shifter to the stock location allowing the stock console to be used.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Sorry off topic of OP's question but How do you like your roll cage and how is it to get in and out of? I've been thinking of doing something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Motobrewmaster View Post
      That quad gauge cluster is designed to fit the stock center console in the original location the factory gauges are positioned. Fits perfect in my stock console. The problem you might have if you use the stock type console is the location of your shifter. I am running a T56 Mag with a Blackjack shifter which relocates the shifter to the stock location allowing the stock console to be used.
      Ill measure the distance between where my shifter sits (edge) to the center AC dash, just to see how far back compared to how i had it with the muncie

Are you using the factory 68 boot and bezel just moved back?

You can get a shifter that’ll allow the ability to adjust the shifter handle position which give you the ability to run a factory console in nearly the same location as it was in stock form. Here’s a pic of mine...trans tunnel is raised, T56, American Powertrain White Lightning shifter, factory console modified to sit lower on the tunnel to fit under the dash as it did from the factory. Name:  IMG_1035.JPG
Views: 854
Size:  77.7 KB
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Quote Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
      You can get a shifter that’ll allow the ability to adjust the shifter handle position which give you the ability to run a factory console in nearly the same location as it was in stock form. Here’s a pic of mine...trans tunnel is raised, T56, American Powertrain White Lightning shifter, factory console modified to sit lower on the tunnel to fit under the dash as it did from the factory. Name:  IMG_1035.JPG
Views: 854
Size:  77.7 KB
      Looks good! are there any specific parts for those shifters/handles ? Can you please share the part #s? Thank you

I just measured the length from Rear middle seats to the center of the shifter. It's 32.7". (not sure I did it correctly)

Below are some photos, the square cut up area in the rug was where the 4 Speed Muncie was. What consoles can be used with this, trying to find something simple without much modifications needed.

Name:  48983805993_9557e28fc1_c.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  127.5 KB
      Name:  48984366021_04c73a630c_c.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  144.8 KB
      Name:  48984556427_510f88e373_c.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  137.6 KB
      Name:  48984556432_fb55722633_c.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  150.4 KB
      Name:  48983806023_e3d37f79d9_c.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  152.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by majj35 View Post
      Looks good! are there any specific parts for those shifters/handles ? Can you please share the part #s? Thank you
      It’s the American Powertrain White Lightning shifter below and a Finch Performance 8” shift lever.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:

It’s the American Powertrain White Lightning shifter below and a Finch Performance 8” shift lever.
      awesome, found lightning shifter on summit. Cant find the Shift lever, do you have the part number? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by majj35 View Post
      awesome, found lightning shifter on summit. Cant find the Shift lever, do you have the part number? Thanks
      Here’s his website, there’s no part number listed. It’s Brian Finch aka Fast Finch if you keep up with autocross. Good guy to deal with. I’ve got his fuel vent, shift boot and shift lever. The lever comes with different bushings you insert to dial in the handle angle you want.

http://www.finchperformance.com/
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CapSS92 View Post
      It’s good, but looking for something with a cup holder.. can’t take my phone flying around each time and looking for it under my seats lol

Here’s his website, there’s no part number listed. It’s Brian Finch aka Fast Finch if you keep up with autocross. Good guy to deal with. I’ve got his fuel vent, shift boot and shift lever. The lever comes with different bushings you insert to dial in the handle angle you want.

http://www.finchperformance.com/
      Ah ill check that out! Thanks a lot

Hey guys, so I was looking at the American Powertrain White Lightning shifter & the Hurst Blackjack shifter, in order to get a console.

I didn't install my T56, a shop did that. All i know is that the shifter has moved back, from where it was when I had the 4speed Muncie.

My question is, how can I really find out if my shifter is relocated somewhere not fitting a classic console? In order to know exactly what I need, before buying the wrong parts.

Thanks again

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com