Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I have aero 6 calipers for my setup currently. I would say that Baer calipers are the better option when you think of good value vs good, solid performance(not that wilwood is bad). I just didn't think it through before I bought. They are less money than AP, but known to be stronger than wilwood.

Food for thought.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

StopTech ST60 are very good. Extremely rigid. But not exactly a budget choice.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Crap... the Wilwoods Aero6 won't work with my rotor and wheel combo.

My rotors are 12.88 inches. The wheels are 15" racing rims with 14.5" inner diameter (7.25 radius). The AP calipers that were on the car before barely fit with 7.24 inch radius to the outside of the caliper. The Aero6 are bulkier at 7.6 inch radius which won't fit inside the wheels.

I'm not changing wheels. So either I need to find different calipers that fit like the AP's did or get smaller rotors.

Luckily, Wilwood has "Narrow Superlite" calipers that are 7.23 which will fit my rotors and wheels. So it looks like I'm boxed into those.

Anybody have input on the benefits between these two calipers:

• Wilwood Billet Narrow Superlite 4R Radial - $404
      • Wilwood Forged Superlite 4 Internal - $185

The biggest PA I can get on the Billet ones is 4.8. And I can get 5.18 on the Forged ones.

The math says I'd be better off with the forged calipers because they would have more brake torque. I'm assuming the billet would be stiffer which would be better.

Any suggestions? These are the only calipers that fit my wheels. The Aero ones are too big.

Thanks,
      Sal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com