Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LM7 truck ECM compatible w/Holley EFI?

I have a stock 5.3 truck engine/4L60 sitting in an 56 Chevy. It had a Holley EFI throttle body on a Holley carb style intake when purchased. Is this compatible with the GM ECM and if it is what general mods need to be made? I am sure the computer will need a re-flash as well. I am new to his modern stuff.

Thanks, Bob

Country Flag: United States
      If the LM7 cam stock with drive by cable (DBC) throttle body, which google images shows DBC. I would think it would work with the stock ECM. Do you already have a harness?
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      If the LM7 cam stock with drive by cable (DBC) throttle body, which google images shows DBC. I would think it would work with the stock ECM. Do you already have a harness?
      It has a stock cam as far as I know. Original DBC I think ~2001 engine. I do not have a harness except the stock GM stuff.
      Thanks, Bob

Country Flag: United States
      You should be good. You would need definitely have your computer flashed for standalone. I would also for ease of installation just buy a harness that would be plug and play, 4 wire hookup. PSI Conversions, Current Performance are a few I have seen with great product. wires to:Key on/run, constant power, fuel pump and ground; you're off and running.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      You should be good. You would need definitely have your computer flashed for standalone. I would also for ease of installation just buy a harness that would be plug and play, 4 wire hookup. PSI Conversions, Current Performance are a few I have seen with great product. wires to:Key on/run, constant power, fuel pump and ground; you're off and running.
      Thank you for the advice...I'll check out the harness people.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com