Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

LSA Belt drive system

Trying to decide between Wegner or Concept One for an aftermarket drive system for my LSA. The Wegner uses a separate belt for the supercharger drive, while the Concept One uses a one belt system to drive everything. The Concept One system is more "compact", and looks a little better (in my opinion). Anyone have any experience with either??

Used to be known as classiccamaro

I’d be more concerned with belt wrap and the number of ribs on the belt than how it looks. Not good if the supercharger belt slips.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I’d be more concerned with belt wrap and the number of ribs on the belt than how it looks. Not good if the supercharger belt slips.

Don
      Agreed! Trying to find something compact, yet reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave95Z28 View Post
      Concept One has a new drive system that hasn’t hit their website yet that uses two belts.

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/concept-...10-rib-system/
      Thanks! I'll give them a call.....I hope they make one for the LSA....
      Used to be known as classiccamaro

Concept One has a new drive system that hasn’t hit their website yet that uses two belts.

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/concept-...10-rib-system/

The Wegner kit is best if you have the space.

I've used the C1 kit on 6 builds, 4 which were over 700hp and they've worked great. My latest one with 840hp I got the HD tensioner option which seems like it helps.

It doesn't hurt to get a griptec pulley if you are running more than stock hp. I don't know if C1 offers one but we have a smaller griptec available for the C1 drive.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Wegner is much nicer in my opinion. It uses two belts instead of 1. Trying to get the belt on with the concept one is a PAIN. i didnt like how the belt practically rubs the tensioner. I will be going to a wegner setup with my new build

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com