Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need some feedback on tire pressures

Hi Guys,
      I have a 69 Camaro with 305/35R19 rears on 11" wide wheels and 245/40R18 fronts on 9" wide wheels; Michelin Super Sport Radials. I'm currently running 30 psi in all four and want to know if I can safely reduce the pressure to more like 25 psi.
      Looking for feedback on how low is still safe. I can do the whole chalk line on the tires and see how it wears if that is the only true way, but I would like to hear some experienced feedback. Thank you!!

I don't have an answer for you and will be following this thread, but is there a reason you want to do this?

Only reason is to improve the ride quality.

Normal tire pressure is 30-32 psi for the weight of the car and the tires. If you run less your tires will wear unevenly. Try adjusting your shocks or maybe invest in some adjustable shocks?

I think the question begs to be asked... What suspension are you running and what are the issues you're having with ride quality?

25psi vs 30 psi will not effect your ride quality to the point you would feel it. It will effect the tires performance and wear. If we were talking about racing this wouild make a big difference. Run the tires at 30 psi and call it a day.

What suspension do you have, what shocks or coil overs, and what issue are you experiencing? Ride comfort is mainly going to be controlled by the rear suspension set up and shock setting since you sit closer to the rear of the car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com