Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS2 DBW throttle issue

(Update)Throwing code P2135. What do I need to check before i buy a $500 LS2 silver blade throttle body.

Yesterday morning I got up, drove my car to the gym and had 0 issues. Went to leave the gym and I had no throttle response. After starting and turning the car off a few times the throttle was working again and I had 0 issues driving to work. Went back out just now to check the throttle and again it wouldn’t work. After a few start ups it started working again like normal. I turned the car off and on a few times for about an hour and it worked fine. No loose wires or connections that I can find. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Country Flag: United States
      If it's not throwing any codes then I would guess that it is a wiring problem from the gas pedal to ECM. I had a similar problem in my truck but it also threw a code that the throttle body module was giving bad data (I don't recall the exact phrasing or code). The error occurred when the value from the potentiometer in the throttle body did not match the value coming from the the gas pedal potentiometer. For safety reasons it quits taking input from the gas pedal allowing the vehicle to only idle. But if your car is not throwing a code then I suspect the ECM is not even aware that you're applying gas.

What did you do to fix it? What’s strange is that I have 150 miles on the car and it’s just now doing this.

I had around 150,000 miles on my engine when it went bad. I replaced the throttle position sensor on the throttle body and that fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzer454 View Post
      I had around 150,000 miles on my engine when it went bad. I replaced the throttle position sensor on the throttle body and that fixed the problem.
      I pulled the code and it was p2135 “throttle/pedal position sensor/switch “A”/“B” voltage correlation. I started to pull apart the LS2 silver blade where the throttle position sensor is and realized very quickly that was a bad idea and was told you can’t replace just that sensor but you have to replace the entire TB. Before I go and buy a $500 throttle body is there anything else I need to/should check? Thanks again

I remember being told the same thing, but if you look online you may be able to find just the TPS module. In my case I had to drill out the rivets that were holding the original TPS in place and then bolt the replacement in place. That was on a LM7 engine but I imagine the LS2 won't be much different.

Another common problem is the connector for the TPS, you will want to do a little tug on each wire at the connector to make sure it hasn't coming loose from the terminal. Just don't go crazy when you pull on the wires, a little tug is enough.

There’s a tsb for the throttle body wires a few inches down having issues. Go start your car and wiggle the wires by the connector. See if it trips it

Is there something in the wiring or is it in the connector?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com