Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1966 Chevelle LSX Build

Hey everyone, it's a little late, but wanted to share some pics of my 1966 Chevelle/Malibu build. It's about done, even though 'they' say it's never actually done. I've been rummaging thru PT all along the way and couldn't have done it without y'all.

The car started as a 6cyl Malibu with a tone of rust hidden under a bunch of ***** body work. "Don't buy a car sight unseen!"

It has a 6.0 LSx that started as an 09 L76 with 821 heads. Tore out the DOD, put in a big Comp cam, and completely rebuilt the motor. Very strong.
      The trans is the matching 6L80 that's been gone thru and tuned. It has a 12 bolt 3.73 Posi rear, all boxed or tubed suspension, and the frame was completely rebuilt and modified heavily for additional rigidity and strength, then powder coated. The brakes are the Corvette Z06 6 x 4 piston calipers with 14" rotors and a hydroboost unit. Stops GR8!

The interior is all built custom to match the new G8 seats and Camaro console/shifter. Nothing too crazy, just nice and simple. The console and dash pad are wrapped to match with some nice stitching. I did the trunk to match with a nice 5-channel soundstream amp and Infinity Kappa 10.

The paint is Granite Crystal Metallic with black trim. The wheels are 19" GFGs painted to match with powder coated black centers wrapped in BS Potenzas.

A few little things to wrap up, but I'm ready to start a new build. Let me know what you all think. I'm a one-man-team and have to try to do all the work myself, so all the PT info on here was vital!

Don't know why it didn't show the rest of the photos?

Oh man, I'm gonna need those pics! I got a lot of friday left in this workday and this thread is just what I need!

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Only two of the pictures show up on my end but from what I can see you do some fine work. Need to see more! Anybody else able to see them?

Sorry. Trying to figure this out from new hosting.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, it worked! Cool, here's some more.

Super nice ride very well done.

Awesome car, this is really one to be proud of.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

1966 Chevelle

New pics.
      Posting it up For Sale soon.

Nice car, but why you selling so soon? How many miles have you put on it?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com