Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hood Hinges Recommendations

Hi Guys

I have stock hood hinges on my 68 camaro with steel hood. When I close the hood, the rear corner on the driver side stays up a bit, and I have to push it to bring it down.

I have been searching around and found Billet Hinges made by Ringbrothers, Fesler, Eddie Motorsports, Billet Specialities. They all look high quality and very pricey at the same time. I do not want to spend too much money for an item, which I will up with issues at the end.

Unfortunately, despite of being pricey, I have read some negative reviews about Billet Hinges. For example some have opening less than stock, or the hardware supplied with the hinges get stripped after several times of removing the hood.

Besides the Billet hinges, anybody using stock hinges? I have noticed that Goodmark hinges are more expensive compared to other brands

Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Your hinge springs need replaced, that's why you have to push the back corner(s) down when you close it. My 68 Camaro was the same way. I went with the Eddie Motorsports hinges and have been very pleased...no side-to-side movement when the hood is up and very smooth operation. It also opens at the same angle that it did with the stock hinges. Anytime you use stainless bolts you need to put anti seize on them or you'll regret it. Mine is a steel cowl hood btw. Good luck!
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Quote Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
      Your hinge springs need replaced, that's why you have to push the back corner(s) down when you close it. My 68 Camaro was the same way. I went with the Eddie Motorsports hinges and have been very pleased...no side-to-side movement when the hood is up and very smooth operation. It also opens at the same angle that it did with the stock hinges. Anytime you use stainless bolts you need to put anti seize on them or you'll regret it. Mine is a steel cowl hood btw. Good luck!
      Thanks Shane for the valuable input. Members in Lateral-g also recommended Eddie Motorsports Hinges. They are simple and nice looking as well. I am leaning towards the black anodized ones.
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      If you're not set on billet

http://www.hoodhingerepair.com/
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com