Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

928 LS conversion - what have I bit off...

Name:  E5F18963-E6A8-4553-A4DE-3A1956165E33.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  6.2 KBName:  E31E8CDE-7E42-4BFA-BAD1-D3952097BDBA.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  208.9 KBSoooooo.... Here is what I bought for $1000, interior is ragged out. I have always wanted a 928 - love that rear end - so I jumped on it, it’s a 1984. I have an LQ9 motor that is just sitting around that I picked up many years ago so I figure it's a perfect fit (kind of like women and shoes I guess). I was also told that there is a mod that allows me to retrofit a corvette IRS into the car. I've seen the "Just Peachy" build and am still drooling over the blue 928 in that thread. That's the direction that I'm going with it. I'll check Renegade Hybrids website to see what's available for me to use in the conversion as I've watched them on & off for many years. (Always drooled over a 911 but that's out of my price range)...
      "But when I say Ronnie was cool, it was an ice-water-in-the-veins kind of thing. He never got rattled under any amount of pressure. I always said that if we had to drag-race the Russians to determine the fate of the free world, I would pick Ronnie Sox as the driver." - Tom Hoover

Country Flag: Canada
      Yup....that's a nice rearend!!!

You don't want to replace the Transaxle with a Corvette IRS unless you have too much money to burn. The 928 Transaxle is plenty strong. You want a Corvette Bellhousing/Clutch. Check out this Website for more info

http://944hybrids.forumotion.com/f9-...bc-conversions

I have a 951 LS conversion

Ok thank you for the heads up!
      "But when I say Ronnie was cool, it was an ice-water-in-the-veins kind of thing. He never got rattled under any amount of pressure. I always said that if we had to drag-race the Russians to determine the fate of the free world, I would pick Ronnie Sox as the driver." - Tom Hoover

Cool project and subscribed. What's the estimated HP/TQ LS are you dropping in there ? If staying with the Porsche transaxle it'd be best to use the 85-86.5 MY's...the beefier Borg Warner trans/diff units. If going with a C5 Z06 trans/diff/tq tube...I'll forward this link to Dinsdale..he will be able to help in many ways. Oh, cool 63 Tempest in the backgournd in your OP^^..my first car was a 64 GTO. T

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Im watching this one, Ive thought about doing one...
      Same here. Loved 928’s since I was a kid.

if you really like 928's^^...well here ya go. (Just Peachy@1:20):https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=nC1Xogq3Tq8

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com